HungryNow food delivery service to close

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

HungryNow food delivery service to close

Post by Gaybutton »

HungryNow has been my favorite food delivery service, but apparently they were not making enough money. I don't know exactly when they are closing, but they are really going to close. My information is it is soon and will be permanent.

Don't despair, though, if you frequently use food delivery service. There is still Foodpanda, Grab, and Lineman and some restaurants, such as Hotmeals2u, do their own delivery. Most of the restaurants on HungryNow are available on these delivery services, but not all. Hopefully the ones exclusively on HungryNow will move to at least one of these other food delivery services. We'll see.
2lz2p

Re: HungryNow food delivery service to close

Post by 2lz2p »

It has been some time ago, but I recall a owner of a restaurant telling me he didn't use Hungry Now because they took around 20% for their fee. Recently, I noted that when ordering using them they were no longer offering free delivery.

A shame if they go out of business as I also preferred them and they had a good selection of restaurants.
Gaybutton

Re: HungryNow food delivery service to close

Post by Gaybutton »

Unfortunately this confirmation came in just today, February 23. HungryNow will close down Tuesday, March 15.

I'm not sure why HungryNow failed while the other delivery services seem to be doing fine, but there it is.