Taco Bell Pattaya Royal Garden and Mike's Mexican Jomtien

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Re: Taco Bell Pattaya Royal Garden and Mike's Mexican Jomtien

Post by Gaybutton »

This topic morphed from Taco Bell to Mike's Mexican, so I've changed the topic title . . .
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:57 pm Mike’s Mexican is open for delivery and takeaway:
Can you please post the url where you obtained the photo presented.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

2lz2p wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm
Undaunted wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:57 pm Mike’s Mexican is open for delivery and takeaway:
Can you please post the url where you obtained the photo presented.
https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJ ... e&ie=UTF-8

If you use Facebook like I do just add them to messenger…if you can’t do that why not just call the tel# they gave me on the photo?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Mike's is open for delivery on GRAB. I just checked. I usually don't use GRAB, but GRAB is the only delivery service Mike's uses and I am getting in the mood for my favorite - Monterry Fajitas (sic).

By the way, when you are searching for Mike's on GRAB, leave out the apostrophe and just spell it Mikes. Otherwise the search doesn't find it.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

My favorite at Mikes is also the Monterrey Fajitas.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:53 pm Mike's is open for delivery on GRAB. I just checked. I usually don't use GRAB, but GRAB is the only delivery service Mike's uses and I am getting in the mood for my favorite - Monterry Fajitas (sic).

By the way, when you are searching for Mike's on GRAB, leave out the apostrophe and just spell it Mikes. Otherwise the search doesn't find it.
Thanks GB, I did that and found them - my previous search would probably have worked had I noticed that they are first listed in Thai with name in English shown after in ( ). I did find them this time.

Undaunted, the url I was requesting you post was the one which showed the picture you posted as it appeared to also have their menu. However, the url you posted was the results of a Google search for Mike's Mexican, which I had already done. I didn't bother to call or send a message, because I only wanted to see if that menu included my favorite dish and I could list its name.

The Grab menu as in the past does not list that particular dish as available for delivery.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:42 am I only wanted to see if that menu included my favorite dish and I could list its name.

The Grab menu as in the past does not list that particular dish as available for delivery.
Which dish is that?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:43 pm Which dish is that?
The one I mentioned in my earlier post:
It was a pork dish served in the center of a platter surrounded by other items (guacamole, rice, beans, salsa, etc.) which was very close to a dish I was first introduced to when I lived in San Antonio
I don't recall its name from Mike's menu, but is was the dish I usually ordered. The pork is in bite size chunks and very tender.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

All this talk about Mike's, I couldn't stand it anymore and this evening decided to try ordering the Monterry (sic) Fajitas via GRAB.

This was the first time I've ever used GRAB and I found their menus and ordering procedures very user unfriendly. However, I managed to get it all figured out and successfully placed the order. I hope the hoops I had to jump through were only because it was a first time order. If I have to go through a bunch of nonsense every time I place an order with them, then it will be rare indeed for me to order with them.

Once the order is placed, now the app becomes much more user friendly.

By the time the food arrived - I live quite a distance from Mike's - it was still warm, but not hot. A minute in the microwave fixed that and then the food was just fine.

I was very pleased that the food was just the same as it is in the restaurant. The fajitas came with the two wrappers, the refried beans, and the Mexican rice. As a matter of fact, the rice and beans portions were actually larger than the restaurant usually serves.

I definitely enjoyed being able to have my Monterry (sic) fajitas, but since now I know not to expect the food to still be hot when it arrives, whatever I may order from GRAB, if the restaurant is far from where I live, I'll be sure to order food that can be heated in the microwave without ruining it.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

The initial Grab set up does take a bit of time. But, your subsequent orders should be much easier as your location and contact information are on file. I have used Grab often and find it is very easy after the initial set up. I click on Grab app, select food option, choose or find restaurant, select from menu, click on order. That should do it, but sometimes the driver will send "canned" messages - one is to confirm order, which I usually answer "yes". The other regarding address number is, I think, for those in an apartment/condo - I usually ignore that one with no problems as a result.

If you like Indian food, I suggest ordering from Masala Twist - again a bit far to your place, but most dishes can be warmed in the microwave.