Taco Bell Pattaya Royal Garden and Mike's Mexican Jomtien

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
catawampuscat

Taco Bell Pattaya Royal Garden and Mike's Mexican Jomtien

Post by catawampuscat »

We decided to try the new Taco Bell. I had low expectations and they were met. Mediocre Mexican food and tasteless.
I enjoy Mike’s Mexican and Sue's, both of which are far superior to Taco Bell..
Gaybutton

Re: Taco Bell Pattaya Royal Garden and Mike's Mexican Jomtien

Post by Gaybutton »

I too am a Mike's fan. I usually eat there at least twice a month, often more.

I've never been to a Taco Bell, even in the states. I plan to keep it that way.

I remember many were excited when Sunrise Tacos first opened in Pattaya. It didn't take very long before people lost interest to the point they ended up closing in Pattaya.
Ruthrieston

Re: Taco Bell Pattaya Royal Garden

Post by Ruthrieston »

I have to agree, Taco Bell was a real disappointment when I tried it. I really enjoy Sue's but never tried Mike's, and not sure where it is?
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

https://mikesmexicanpattaya.com/
"serving the best mexican
in pattaya since 2003"

I would rank Mike's as the best Mexican or TexMex restaurant in Thailand . Sue's a close second.

Not all Taco Sunrise's are identical for some strange reason. The one on Silom soi 4 I've found to be decent. The one in Pattaya was not good. There's several locations in Bangkok and of the ones I've tried they were not very good.

Margarita Storm on Sukhumvit, Bangkok, gets good reviews on Trip Advisor but I tried in a few times and found it so-so. I've tried others in Bangkok and not returned to any. Many of them closed even before COVID.

One place in Bangkok, Monsoon, on Sukhumvit 8 is not exclusively a Mexican restaurant but has some Mexican options on the menu that are really good.

Hemingway's on Sukhumvit 11 also had decent Mexican items on the menu before COVID. Now it's either closed or limited delivery options.

https://tacobell.co.th/thailand-en/
Wow, 8 locations in Thailand.
Taco Bell is fast food and probably should not be compared to restaurant Mexican. When I lived in USA I would do Taco Bell every now and then for something fast and convenient. I often got the Burrito Supreme and I see now they don't offer it. I have not tried any of the Thai Taco Bells but have wondered if they are the same as what is offered in USA? These "new" items are not appealing to me.

Many of the transplanted US originated fast food franchises have adapted to Thai tastes or at least international tastes to survive in Thailand.

Taco Bell holds a dear place in my college years memories of one of the major sources of late night sustenance. Back then there was only one Taco Bell, open 24 hours, in the city I went to school and we would all pile into a car and make a bee line to Taco Bell. Ahh, to be young again.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Mike's is closed now
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Tonight Mikes looked open for take away. Continuing my Mexican restaurant update, I found my self checking out the
Pattayaland sois (Boyztown) and Sues Mexican on Pattayaland soi 2 was open for take away.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I like the food at Sue's and it's close to Boyztown.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

catawampuscat wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:41 pm Tonight Mikes looked open for take away.
Mike's is also available for delivery via GRAB.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:23 am
catawampuscat wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:41 pm Tonight Mikes looked open for take away.
Mike's is also available for delivery via GRAB.
Mike's was my favored place for Mexican food in Pattaya. But my favorite dish was not the typical Tex-Mex stuff, e.g. tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc. and it was not shown on their delivery menus. It was a pork dish served in the center of a platter surrounded by other items (guacamole, rice, beans, salsa, etc.) which was very close to a dish I was first introduced to when I lived in San Antonio, which sometimes was called the capital of Northern Mexico :D . This was in 1974/75. This is where I discovered many other Mexican dishes you don't typically find outside of South Texas (my job required travel in that area including several border towns).

As to Mike's being open now for delivery, as I recall they were included on Grab and Food Panda. I just now checked Grab, Hungry Now, and Food Panda - they do not show it. Mike's Facebook page's last entry was in August 2019.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Mike’s Mexican is open for delivery and takeaway:

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"