Sands Cafe

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Sands Cafe

Post by Gaybutton »

One of the things I greatly enjoy is trying a restaurant I have never been to and it turns out to be a great find where I will want to go again and again. Sands Cafe is an excellent Pattaya restaurant fitting that description, right on the beach, with both indoor and outdoor seating. I suggest the outdoor seating, where you get a beautiful view of the beach and ocean along with a pleasant sea breeze.

RichLB and I tried it for the first time for dinner last night. We were both highly pleased. RichLB had the Salmon Wellington. I had the Beef Wellington and their French Onion Soup. They don't skimp on the portions and the food is beautifully presented. The service is excellent too.

They are also open for breakfast starting at 8:00am. RichLB has been there twice for breakfast and loves it. I have not been there for breakfast yet, but after as impressed as I was with the dinner, it won't be long.

Take a look at their menu: https://foodmenu.online/sands

Those of you in Pattaya, if you want a preview of their food, some of their offerings are on Hungry Now for delivery.

Check their Facebook page - loads of photos: https://www.facebook.com/SandsCafePattaya/

The restaurant is located on Pratumnak Soi 5. Go down Soi 5 all the way to the end and you'll see it on the right.

GPS coordinates: 12.909209, 100.857963 On Google Maps enter Sands Cafe Pattaya.

For both RichLB and me, based on the dinner we had. Sands Cafe instantly made it to our favorite restaurants list. Give it a try. We are certainly going to be back - often.
Ruthrieston

Re: Sands Cafe

Post by Ruthrieston »

Thank you for this review Gaybutton, I really miss a good Beef Wellington so I shall definitely have to go to Sands and try it out. I live on Pratumnak so not far to walk anyway.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Loooooks Gooooood! I will have to give it a try in the hopefully near future as for the present I have decided to avoid unnecessary trips.

I do love Beef Wellington and their photo of it looks very appetizing - in the past, I went to Akvavit on Jomtien Beach Road for their excellent Beef Wellington (they are presently closed until allowed to serve alcohol per their Face Book page) - not too often as street parking only and difficult to find a nearby space. So, how is the parking situation at the Sands?

Also, I think I know why GB & RichLB likes this place - from Sand's Face Book page - and the food looks good too!

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:52 am So, how is the parking situation at the Sands?
There was plenty of parking on the nearby side streets and there were still plenty of spaces when we were finished. That's where I parked and it's a short walk to the Sands entrance. Right at the beach there also is a set of parking spaces, very short walk to the restaurant entrance. Those spaces were all taken by motorbikes when we were there for dinner, but RichLB said at breakfast time those spaces are usually well available. At the time of this post, I haven't been there yet for breakfast.

The restaurant has 2 entrances. One is right at the beach and leads up to the outdoor seating. Both entrances access indoor and outdoor seating. Don't worry about the outdoor seating at night. Plenty of subdued light so you won't be eating in the dark. There was no roof that I saw at the outdoor seating, so if it's raining, I guess you'll be eating indoors. Of course, indoors is air conditioned.

On Pratumnak Soi 5, there are a lot of little restaurants on the way to Sands. Some look like they might be worth a try. Others appear to be typical Thai food places. But it would be hard to get me to opt for trying the other restaurants if I'm on my way to Sands.

In my opinion, Sands Cafe ought to at least be tried, even if a taxi or motorbike taxi is necessary getting there.

Yesterday I ran into lvdkeyes, our resident recipe and restaurant expert. I started telling him about Sands and he informed me he has been there several times and really likes it. I learned a long time ago - if lvdkeyes likes a restaurant, especially if he is a repeat customer, then I know it is excellent . . .
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

If only I felt it was safe and sensible to have a holiday in Pattaya and meet you guys again
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

traveller123 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:02 pm If only I felt it was safe and sensible to have a holiday in Pattaya
If you mean Covid, I think its perfectly safe in Pattaya as long as you take the proper precautions. Whether sensible or not is a different question. Other than restaurants, all the bars and entertainment venues are still closed.
Ruthrieston

Post by Ruthrieston »

Since last night was the last chance before the lockdown comes into effect I went to Sands Cafe to try out their beef wellington, needless to say they said the old "no have"!! So I settled for a lovely New Zealand steak which I really enjoyed. The staff told me that they will be closing completely for two weeks, no delivery or takeaway as well as no inhouse dining. So I shall have to wait a while yet before I can try again to taste their beef wellington.