The Pantry Jomtien

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Re: The Pantry Jomtien

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:27 pm I will try soon and let you know when I do.
Yes, please do. I'm embarrassed to admit that I tried making crumpets at home from a YouTube recipe. I even bought crumpet rings.

Three guesses how they came out. I haven't tried again since and I have never tried the frozen ones. My only experience with crumpets was the ones I tried making myself - oh well, all was not lost. My dog liked them . . .

Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

The frozen crumpets are a UK import with the brand name Warburtons. 129B for a pack of 6. I put two in the microwave on the defrost setting for 4-5 min. Then I put them in the toaster. Butter and marmalade as desired, British tea optional.

The crumpets I bought a few days ago were fresh made, local I assume. They were not frozen. There were only a few packages to the right of the front counter. They are very good.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

The crumpets I bought from the Pantry were 6 for 99 baht - there was no Brand name. They came in a bag with a "The Pantry" label. They were not frozen.

Since these are the first crumpets I have ever eaten, I cannot compare them with any others. The texture was slightly different than English muffins. I prepared them as mentioned, but put some low fat margarine on them. I think it would have been much better with honey or jam; unfortunately because I have diabetes II, I had to forego adding those items.

I have also found another similar style store by the name of the BritishShop. They seem to be similarly priced, but have some items that I wanted to try that are not available at The Pantry.

I placed an order with them yesterday. They gave me an option for delivery date and time. Tuesday afternoon was the first date offered, so I selected between noon & 2pm (they don't deliver on weekends). They provide free delivery in Pattaya if the purchase is over 1,000 baht.

I do not live very far from The Pantry and usually have my order delivered within an hour of my order - Mark the owner is very responsive and usually texts me if there may be an issue with my order such as it will take longer to deliver. Once when I forgot to click on delivery (the default on their check out is for pick up at the store), Mark sent me an email asking if that was what I wanted as I usually ordered delivery. So for goods and quality of service, I will continue to mostly use them, but it is good to know about the other place where I can order items that The Pantry doesn't stock.

I will post more info in a separate posting on my experience with the BritishShop once I have received my order.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:20 am I have also found another similar style store by the name of the BritishShop.
I think all the British food stores in the Pattaya area carry crumpets and probably get them all from the same source. Very close to where I live on "The Dark Side" is the popular Siamburi store. I've seen them frozen there, but not fresh. I'll have to give the crumpets a try.