Laong formerly with Laong's Bistro doing delivery

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Laong formerly with Laong's Bistro doing delivery

Post by 2lz2p »

Laong's Bistro Restaurant is no more - but, Laong has posted on their Facebook page a few items western & Thai dishes she can prepare at home and deliver in Jomtien and Pattaya area the following day. Visit the page for the items on offer: https://www.facebook.com/pg/laongsbistr ... ?ref=notif

Her message:
I have to stay at home for safety lately. Interested in ordering food at home
You can order us now. Easy to eat menu. Original taste from laong's Bistro. Free home delivery service in jomtien area and Pattaya.

#Delivery time 11 pm to 5 PM
(possible posture, please pre-order before one day. Thank you very much))
In response to someone who commented that he thought they were closed, she responded:
Yes, we have closed the resto. But now I try to cook some menus for home delivery If you are interested in trying it, you can order
One of my favorite appetizers at Laong's was their Lamb Samosa. I note she is now offering the Samosa in either lamb or chicken. It will likely be a bit on the spicy side, but something I will consider ordering. Maybe with some Thai dishes as they were always excellent at Laong's - as my bf said about their Thai food, aroy mahk mahk. She doesn't mention a delivery charge, but there most probably will be one.
Gaybutton

Re: Laong formerly with Laong's Bistro doing delivery

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:47 am Laong's Bistro Restaurant is no more
Do you know if they are permanently closed or planning to eventually reopen? Her message makes it seem permanent, but maybe not.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:40 am
2lz2p wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:47 am Laong's Bistro Restaurant is no more
Do you know if they are permanently closed or planning to eventually reopen? Her message makes it seem permanent, but maybe not.
Yes, it is permanently closed. When you go to their Facebook page for the items available, the first item you will see (it is pinned to the top) is the announcement on March 25 of their closure.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:58 pm Yes, it is permanently closed.
Bad news indeed. I know many will be very disappointed. However, at least people still have the option of ordering the delivery items.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Laong's was my favorite restaurant in Pattaya, not because it was located only a few minutes from my house, but because of the excellent food and service. Many of my friends also dined there fairly often.

I received an email this morning mentioning their delivery service and linking to their website page about it including the items on offer:
https://laongs.com/2020/05/26/delivery-by-laong/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

It's really sad to see this happening. I wonder how many other restaurants also have had to close or are postponing reopening.

So far most of my personal favorites are still open, so I'm grateful for that, but when I go many have very few customers, whereas before they usually had plenty of customers. I have even been to restaurants where my friends and I were the only customers there. Some restaurants have limited their menus to only the most popular items. I suppose there is no point to keeping certain menu items available if no one is ordering them. Also, some restaurants have reduced their operating hours.

Also, the fact that the restaurants are not yet allowed to sell liquor seems to be a factor. I'm not a drinker myself, but I know many farang don't enjoy a dinner without a glass of wine.

I hope they will be able to hold on and remain open until good customer numbers happen for them again, but who knows when that might be or even if that might be. Right now, from where I sit, the foreseeable future doesn't look very promising.

I suppose we'll have a much better idea about the fate of Pattaya and businesses that cater to farang once Thailand opens its borders again and the airlines will fly to Thailand again.