Time to learn to cook

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Trongpai

Time to learn to cook

Post by Trongpai »

With so many restaurants closing temporary and permanently in these troubled times it's becoming necessary to cook. For some that might be an unfamiliar endeavor. Here are my two favorite U-Tube cooking channels:

https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClkx9u ... ButdkI3exA

It's not fancy haute cuisine and not complicated cooking. Most of the ingredients are easily found in Thailand. It covers the basics and you can modify to your own tastes.

I watch the food channel also and I see a lot of new trend USA cooking and it does not appeal to me. Too many ingredients heaped on a plate in an untidy manner.

Two older pre U Tube day cooking shows that I liked were 'Two Fat Ladies' and 'The Galloping Gourmet' I still cook some of things from those old shows.
Gaybutton

Re: Time to learn to cook

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:44 am Here are my two favorite U-Tube cooking channels
You picked my 2 favorites. I've been watching and making the recipes shown by Chef John from Foodwishes and Jack Chaplin for years. They are both very entertaining to watch even if you're not going to be cooking anything. If I follow their recipes, whatever I'm making always comes out just the way I hoped.

They both make it easy to make some of the recipes I had always thought much too complex for me. And they both have many recipes I had never heard of.

If you're going to do any cooking on your own and if you're not a trained chef, I highly recommend both.

For Foodwishes, his YouTube channel is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRIZtP ... Xc9btSTQNw
a447

Post by a447 »

Ah, chef John! He's one of my favourites, too, even though I don't cook.

He never shows his face but I caught a few glimpses of him the other day. His face was reflected in a stainless steel bowl.

At present I have a live-in cook. Actually, he's one of my "friends" who is living with me for the duration to "take care me", however long that may be. He's Italian and so loves to cook.

A few years ago I set up a home gym but never got around to using it. I felt exhausted just looking at it! Now we both spend an hour or so on the various machines every day to work of all those extra calories.

The next item on the shopping list is a rowing machine - for him, not for me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:34 pm He never shows his face
If you want to see Chef John, take a look at this video:

a447

Post by a447 »

Yeah, that's the guy I saw. Thanks, GB.

But I've never seen him like that on his cooking videos. I don't think he ever shows his face.

Apart from his recipes, I love his intonation.