Frankie's Inn - Late and Forgotten Orders

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
martyinsiam

Frankie's Inn - Late and Forgotten Orders

Post by martyinsiam »

Eight of us showed up with a 7:00 reservation and ordered immediately. Aside from two appetizers which were served 40 minutes later, six meals came out at 8:00, one more at 8:15 and when inquiring about the eighth, the "maitre de" (when we found him) said he had forgotten so we cancelled that order. My order which was supposed to be Itaian sausage in penne was in fact tough pork slices.
Gaybutton

Re: Frankie's Inn - Late and Forgotten Orders

Post by Gaybutton »

Is this the Frankie's Inn you're talking about?

https://www.facebook.com/frankiespattaya/
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

martyinsiam wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:22 pm Eight of us showed up with a 7:00 reservation and ordered immediately. Aside from two appetizers which were served 40 minutes later . . .
Now you know why they are on “Eatigo”.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
martyinsiam

Post by martyinsiam »

Yes. Frankiespattaya is Frankie's Inn.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'd say Frankie's Inn has greatly improved since you folks tried it. RichLB and I gave it a try a few nights ago and we loved it and definitely will be going back.

The service was excellent and efficient. The owner, Frankie, is quite affable and definitely Italian. Several of his recipes come directly from his home town in Italy.

We each had a dish we had never heard of before - a type of penne with an Italian sausage sauce and we both greatly enjoyed it. The pasta was perfect al dente. We didn't order an appetizer. Between the penne and the soda water I had to drink, the bill came to 310 baht, which I thought was quite reasonable.

There is also a Thai food menu.

If we had anything to complain about, there are no soups on the menu and no small salad choices. The salads are large meal-in-themselves sizes. That would have been too much along with the pasta dish. It did take a little longer than we expected for our orders to be served, but the quality certainly made up for a longer wait.

Other than that, no complaints from us. As I said, we will be going again for sure.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

I talked to the owner a few months ago and he told me his name was not Frankie. In fact, he said, there was no Frankie.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

richsilver wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:46 pm I talked to the owner a few months ago and he told me his name was not Frankie. In fact, he said, there was no Frankie.
Then either the person you talked to or the person we talked to lied. I asked him if he is Frankie and he said yes, then went on about his home town in Italy and opening in Pattaya.

But I don't care if anyone was playing games about the name. The only thing that matters to me is whether I liked the food - and I did.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Ok, I'll chime in. I joined GB for dinner at Frankie's the other night and concur the food was delicious. What I liked best was that the menu featured many Italian cuisine offerings I was unfamiliar with. Of all the postings here I've read about the place there was only one negative one and the others were all glowing - which is why we decided to give the place a try. I'd encourage everyone to check it out.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

I have been there a number of times and have always enjoyed it. Frankie or not!