Route 66 Diner Pattaya

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Trongpai

Route 66 Diner Pattaya

Post by Trongpai »

I've been here twice and absolutely love it. Yes, it's way on the dark side under the route 7 highway but I checked on the bolt site and it was 85B from Jomtiem. If you don't have a car or motorbike there's more than one transportation option and in my opinion it's worth the trouble. Both times I was there they had customers so the crazy location does not inhibit customers. They deliver too.

Excellent food, excellent service in a 50's retro American diner. First, I had the corned beef hash with two fried egg. American style coffee and they keep filling it up. Second time I had the biscuits and gravy with a fried egg. I've had biscuits and gravy at two other places in Pattaya, The Blue Moose and Tigglebitties Tavern but Route 66 was the best for me.

The portions are medium small not huge American style pig out's. Lots of other food besides breakfast and I look forward to sampling more when I am town again.

https://www.route66pattaya.com/
2lz2p

Re: Route 66 Diner Pattaya

Post by 2lz2p »

Thanks for the post. I haven't dined there, but I have ordered delivery through Hungry Now - Biscuits & Gravy (fully agree with Trongpai's opinion) and Chicken Fried Steak (although with pork instead of beef - acceptable).

Since Hungry Now went out of business,a Big Thank You for the link. It shows they will deliver - at first I thought I was just outside of their delivery zone 2, but enlarging their map, I see that instead, I am just barely inside their delivery zone.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:02 pm Since Hungry Now went out of business,a Big Thank You for the link.
Route 66 is also listed on both Foodpanda and Line Man delivery services.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I recently had Route 66"s Cuban sandwich or Cubano if you prefer. I have had a long history and a lot of experience with authentic Cuban sandwiches from all over Florida. There are variations of the classic Cuban:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_sandwich

First the bread, it was not real Cuban bread. I've never seen real Cuban bread in Thailand. Route 66 was closer to a medianoche. It was put in a sandwich press. No tomato and lettuce as is typical with a grilled sandwich.

The pork was pulled. A few of the variations in Florida use pulled pork but most used sliced deli pork.

The ham something sliced nothing to write home about. More pork than ham. I prefer equal quantities.

There was a mustard/Mayo mix done right.

No salami and there's places in Miami where putting salami on a Cuban is cause for a fist fight. I don't want salami on my Cuban!

It was not authentic by any variation but it was at the top of my Cuban sandwich samplings in Bangkok and Pattaya. Some of which were really bad. I would order it again at Route 66 because I am outside of the delivery area for Tampa, Florida.

I'll try the Reuben sandwich next.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:22 pm I'll try the Reuben sandwich next.
If you're going to try a Reuben sandwich in Pattaya, I think you'll be much happier with the one made by The Deli Factory. It's the best I've had in all of Thailand. It's no Katz's, but still pretty good.

https://www.facebook.com/thedelifactorypattaya
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

"The huge Reuben Sandwich, 200g corned beef, emmenthal cheese, sauerkraut, caramelised onion, crispy shallots & our special russian dressing in fresh baked rye bread"

The photos leave me cold and what are caramelised onions and crispy shallots doing a a reuben? The rye bread does not look quite right and the cheese is not melted.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:52 pm The photos leave me cold and what are caramelised onions and crispy shallots doing a a reuben? The rye bread does not look quite right and the cheese is not melted.
Don't knock it 'till you try it. You can always tell them to leave out the onions and shallots. Their rye bread is good.