Texas Chicken on Pattaya Tai.

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Re: Texas Chicken on Pattaya Tai.

Post by 2lz2p »

Trongpai wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:56 am Sorry I can not answer any of your questions. I do not live in Pattaya. Perhaps they just have you "carry-away" or they are not really open. Many places are actually closed in Bangkok but have active facebooks and web pages.

The biscuits are about the same as Texas Chicken but bigger and no honey. Creamed sausage gravy is not hard to make. Get some good British sausages, crumble, fry, add flour (rue) butter and milk and/cream. I add white pepper but no salt as most of the sausages are full of salt already. I guess you should drain the fat after browning the meat.
Thanks, it appears they may be closed. Another location that was on Hungry Now - Route 66 Diner, also offers biscuits and gravy for 135 baht (sides can be ordered) with the caption:
Biscuits & Gravy

Butter Milk Biscuits, served with Sausage Gravy (We make biscuits fresh daily, once sold out we are out for the day)
I haven't had a chance to try them, but will some day. I have no difficulty making cream gravy, but I crumble Jimmy Dean style patties rather than British sausage.

GB, sorry, but we seem to have sidetracked this thread to biscuits & gravy,
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:36 am GB, sorry, but we seem to have sidetracked this thread to biscuits & gravy,
forgive those who trespass against us
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Back to Texas Chicken. I often order the spicy strips and then make my own dipping sauce. Chicken sage apple gravy. In a pan melt some butter and add a little cooked crushed apples or apple sauce. Flour roux in the pan and then add chicken stock somewhat condensed or reduced. You can add a little cooking cream or milk to make it creamy. Season with sage, white pepper and celery salt.

I order first via Grab delivery and then make the gravy which generally finished when the order arrives.

I don't like KFC chicken strips.

Anyone remember the chicken strips and onion rings at the ol' Corner Bar......ahh now just a memory.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Texas Chicken on Pattaya Tai opened a few days ago..
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

catawampuscat wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:42 pm Texas Chicken on Pattaya Tai opened a few days ago..
Can you be specific about where on Pattaya Tai?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:47 pm Can you be specific about where on Pattaya Tai?
Texas Chicken is directly across from the main entrance of Tukcom on Pattaya Tai.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"