Trashing Trump

RichLB

Trashing Trump

Post by RichLB »

Trump's foibles are so numerous it's difficult to remember them all or even be surprised anymore. I discovered this partially comprehensive list on YouTube. I thought some of my fellow Trump haters might enjoy a refresher.

fountainhall

Re: Trashing Trump

Post by fountainhall »

The man is a total fraud, an out and out liar at every opportunity. He is getting worse than those dictators he so admires (although his pal Erdogan got beaten heavily in Istanbul's re-run election last night). Trump is no national leader. He has no care for the 70% who do not make up his brain-washed base. One day he will get his come-uppance - and hopefully that is sooner rather than later. Much later and he'll be rotting in that other place - the one that is not heaven!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hollywood, at least, has no blinders on.....

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

What bothers me is why are we hearing all this in such vehement terms from everyone except the Democrat politicians? Why are they being so weak about it? We've got a president who every single day does more and more damage to the USA, along with much of the rest of the world, and yet those - in both parties - in a position to actually do something about it have done my idea of nothing. All talk and no action is not producing the results I'd like to see, namely Trump removed from office and then thrown into jail where he belongs.

Trump was definitely right about one thing. The election was rigged. The thing is - he's the one who rigged it.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I saw some graphs somewhere in the last couple of weeks, possibly in The Economist.

Essentially:
His approval rating amongst Republicans is comparable with previous Republican presidents
His approval rating amongst Democrats is well below that for previous Republican presidents

I would have thought even Republicans would realize his failings to a greater extent.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:24 am I would have thought even Republicans would realize his failings to a greater extent.
I think they do realize it. They would have to be deaf and blind and hopefully much too intelligent not to see it. But politics, money, and reelection supersedes their duty to their country and their oath to uphold the Constitution.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

They realize it and hopefully enough Republicans will realize what sycophants they are when he loses the Election. And then with a little luck , he and his crooked family will end up in jail. Can't wait to see his hair after 6months in jail.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Who says if he loses the election, he will believe it? His 'loss' will be challenged in the courts every step of the way. In the end, they will have to drag him kicking and screaming from the White House.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:15 am His 'loss' will be challenged in the courts every step of the way. In the end, they will have to drag him kicking and screaming from the White House.
I'm not worried about that. What I worry about is he might not lose. Can you imagine 8 years of Trump? And if he ever actually gets his way, it could end up being a lot longer than that, with the throne inherited by Don Jr. or Prince Jared. No thanks.

Even long before Trump I felt that the country I grew up in no longer exists. Now - all I can think of is when will the brown shirts, jackboots, goose-stepping soldiers, and "re-education" camps start appearing?

If there is anything similar to the Gleiwitz radio station near the USA borders, Canada and Mexico - watch out!

Even if Trump loses by a landslide and any dispute he tries gets laughed right out of court, the country I grew up in is definitely long gone and is extremely unlikely to ever be similar again.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Sorry I don't agree. Four years of this Bum is not going to destroy what USA stands for. But 8 years could . I've never had rose colored glasses about my country. There have been many mistakes made but in the end we have been the most welcoming country to immigrants and have never used our military power to colonize or dominate .

But we have certainly lost our way under Trump and he has to be voted out of office and then sent to jail for a very long time !