New Qatar Airlines Sale

fountainhall

New Qatar Airlines Sale

Post by fountainhall »

Qatar has launched a new fare sale on offer until the end of June 19. Big reductions in some business class tickets. Much smaller ones on economy. Reduced prices seem available in both directions. Oddly biz class from London to BKK is around £1,950. Yet London to Utapao is £2,480. I can't figure out that pricing!

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-th/offe ... EMTH846330
Jun

Re: New Qatar Airlines Sale

Post by Jun »

I have always flown direct from London to BKK, but did have a quick look at the Qatar schedule.

The most attractive departs LHR at 16:00 and arrives in Doha 6h50 min later, so approx 23:00 UK time. The onward flight to Bangkok is 50 minutes later and lasts 7 hours. Potential to sleep most of the second leg. Not too bad.

Overall, I still prefer to fly direct & perceive a security risk in flying with middle eastern airlines. Also, if the US-Iran tensions escalate, there must be scope for disruption of flights through Doha.
odd

Post by odd »

Qatar no longer flies Doha to U Tapao non-stop. You have to fly Doha-Phuket-U tapao. The time for the flight from LHR to UTP is 26 hours. Maybe this accounts for the increase in price?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Thanks odd for that update. I was not aware of it. I cannot understand why anyone would wish to fly to Utapao with a stopover in Phuket. Obviously far cheaper and a shorter trip to fly to BKK and get a taxi/limo from there.

I have checked the Qatar site. Their non-stops Doha to Chiang Mai have also ceased as those flights now have a stop in BKK in both directions. Same with Krabi. No doubt this is one reason why the airline has reduced its A380 and 777 flights in to Bangkok in favour of more A330 aircraft. For biz class passengers this means angle flat seats instead of the flat beds on the larger aircraft.

Qatar is clearly suffering from the surrounding states boycott of their airspace. It has announced it will phase out its A380s earlier than intended.
gera

Post by gera »

And with growing tensions in the area Doha as a hub becomes highly questionable.