A poll on President Obama

How do you feel Barak Obama is doing as President of the United States?

1. Excellent
31%
2. Terrible
17%
3. OK
20%
4. He is so much better than Bush that I think he is OK
31%

Total votes: 99

Maple

Re: A poll on President Obama

Post by Maple »

It is heartening to see that 73 (82%) of those responding to this poll feel that Obama is excellent, OK, or better than Bush. But 16 rated Obama as "Terrible".

Who are the "Terrible 16"? Many are probably old geezers that come to Thailand for sex since they cannot get any dick back in America. Often, these same old farts have intergenerational sex with Thai guys that are young enough (hopefully 18+) to be their grandsons.

But when it comes to elections in America, they vote for Republican candidates who oppose equal civil rights for Gays, who oppose the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", and who oppose the repeal of the "Defense of Marriage Act" (DOMA). They have Gay sex in Thailand, but in America, vote for politicians who are anti-gay. Double standard? Hypocrisy? As Fox Noise says, "You Decide!"
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

WOW!!!! Such gross generalizations!
Jason1988

Post by Jason1988 »

Maple wrote:It is heartening to see that 73 (82%) of those responding to this poll feel that Obama is excellent, OK, or better than Bush. But 16 rated Obama as "Terrible".

Who are the "Terrible 16"? Many are probably old geezers that come to Thailand for sex since they cannot get any dick back in America. Often, these same old farts have intergenerational sex with Thai guys that are young enough (hopefully 18+) to be their grandsons.

But when it comes to elections in America, they vote for Republican candidates who oppose equal civil rights for Gays, who oppose the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", and who oppose the repeal of the "Defense of Marriage Act" (DOMA). They have Gay sex in Thailand, but in America, vote for politicians who are anti-gay. Double standard? Hypocrisy? As Fox Noise says, "You Decide!"
You've nailed that one! Homophobic self hating old men!
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Maple wrote:It is heartening to see that 73 (82%) of those responding to this poll feel that Obama is excellent, OK, or better than Bush. But 16 rated Obama as "Terrible".

Hey Maple Syrup, I'm a Democrat and I can't get any dick in America, either.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Jason1988 wrote:

True! A gay American is ill served voting Republican except of course if he or she is a multimillionaire.
Rin

Post by Rin »

Ken Mehlman, President Bush's campaign manager in 2004 and a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, has told family and associates that he is gay.

As long as there are Quislings like this that are gay it will be difficult to make progress in civil rights for gays in America. This guy was a proponent of Bush's anti-gay rhetoric. What hypocrites there are in politics of all persuasions.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... gay/62065/
jaafar

Post by jaafar »

Jason1988 wrote:

Then you can explain this to me: Barack Obama ran for the White House, and won, vocally opposed to gay marriage, which he still opposes. He has been in the White House for two years, and has done absolutely nothing about "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Obama attorneys have even appeared to defend DOMA.

A large percentage of American voters who are feeling "buyer's remorse" are in fact the American gay community. It's a strange world when (boo! hiss!) Ann Coulter goes off to address a meeting of conservative gay men, when (boo! hiss!) Dick Cheney supports gay marriage, while the Unicorn Prince apparently just does not care squat about the gay community, unless they are writing checks.

Your ideology strikes me as a little simplistic and fossilized. I'm 64 years old, have never been homophobic, and have been out since I was 16. Just because Barack Obama did not strike me as presidential timber does NOT mean that I fall into your stereotypes. I'm actually a little bit concerned (!) about the health of the American economy, the massive public debt incurred by the current administration, the huge increase in the size of government, and a number of other tiny issues, like the fact that government employees now earn more and have much nicer pension schemes than the people who work to pay them.
Rin

Post by Rin »

Jaafar like so many prefers to look at only what he cares to see. The size of government and federal debt were problems which began most recently with George Bush. I wonder if Jaafar was as concerned then as he seems to be now?

At least Obama is not afraid to put forth his feelings, the difference is he favors full rights for gays, unlike republicans such as Mike Huckabee, who called gays an abomination.

Here is an article from the Washington Times which is a conservative paper from a couple of years ago.

BIG GOVERNMENT SERIES: First of three parts

George W. Bush rode into Washington almost eight years ago astride the horse of smaller government. He will leave it this winter having overseen the biggest federal budget expansion since Franklin Delano Roosevelt seven decades ago.

Not since World War II, when the nation mobilized to fight a global war against fascism and recover from the Great Depression, has government spending played as large a role in the economy as it does today.

"We have now presided over the largest increase in the size of government since the Great Society," said Sen. John McCain, the Republican candidate vying to replace Mr. Bush in the White House, during the first presidential debate.

That, in fact, was an understatement. No president since FDR — who offered a New Deal to pull the nation out of the Great Depression and then fought World War II — has presided over as rapid a growth in government when measured as a percentage of the total economy.

The full series here:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 ... ts-bigger/
jaafar

Post by jaafar »

I wrote:
Then you can explain this to me: Barack Obama ran for the White House, and won, vocally opposed to gay marriage, which he still opposes. He has been in the White House for two years, and has done absolutely nothing about "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Obama attorneys have even appeared to defend DOMA.
and I got this reply:
At least Obama is not afraid to put forth his feelings, the difference is he favors full rights for gays, unlike republicans such as Mike Huckabee, who called gays an abomination.
Plus this for the nam plaa:
Jaafar like so many prefers to look at only what he cares to see.
So Barack Obama favors full rights for gays (but opposes gay marriage), favors full rights for gays (but won't even touch "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"), favors full rights for gays (while his attorneys defend the DOMA in court.)

And you say that I only look at what I want to see! :shock:
jaafar

Post by jaafar »

As for the increase in the size of government, you have to go back to FDR.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt is an icon of the Democrats, but evidence mounts that he simply didn't know how to deal with the economy, and was himself responsible for the Great Depression (along with Congressional nitwits who passed Smoot-Hawley). Yes, he managed to win World War II, but he lost the peace when he signed Eastern Europe over to Stalin.

I still find it almost impossible to believe that FDR regarded Stalin as "the good guy" and Churchill as "the bad guy." But so it went, and Harry Hopkins was always there to whisper in FDR's ear.

By the way, Churchill was "the bad guy" because Britain had an empire, which made him an "imperialist." Handing Eastern Europe over to Stalin, of course, was something that FDR regarded as "liberation."

I wonder how many readers of this forum would prefer to be ruled by the British Empire, as opposed to the USSR.