Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Gaybutton

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Gaybutton »

If you would like to see Jared Kushner's complete total evasive bullshit, you've come to the right place.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Those who refuse to recognize the criminal enterprise of Donald Trump should find the following illuminating.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-a ... d=68358219
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:55 am Those who refuse to recognize the criminal enterprise of Donald Trump should find the following illuminating.
And the article doesn't even include the ones yet to be indicted and charged, but likely will be.

Would anyone be surprised if Trump does have to leave office, on his last day he pardons every one of them, including himself?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I am not even surprised. I will only be surprised if now Trump doesn't start attacking his own sister. This is the kind of nut the USA has in the White House.

"Permission, Sir, to call you a goddam liar?!"
- Robert Prosky (Col. 'Bear' Berrineau), 'The Lords of Discipline'

Washington Post: President Donald Trump's sister calls him 'cruel' in audio secretly recorded by her niece Mary Trump

By Kelly Mena and Jeremy Diamond, CNN

August 22, 2020

(CNN) - Maryanne Trump Barry called her brother President Donald Trump "cruel" and appeared to confirm her niece Mary Trump's previous allegations that he had a friend take his SATs to get into college, according to transcripts and audio excerpts obtained exclusively by the Washington Post.

The Post obtained the previously unreleased transcripts and audio from Mary Trump, author of a recent bombshell book about the President and one of his most outspoken critics. Mary Trump, who has said that Donald Trump is unfit to be president and has voiced support for his rival Joe Biden, revealed to the Post that she had secretly taped 15 hours of face-to-face conversations with Barry in 2018 and 2019.

Among the some of the more critical comments made by Barry was commenting on how her younger 74-year-old brother operated as president. "His goddamned tweet and lying, oh my God," she said, according to the Post. "I'm talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy shit."

Barry, a retired federal appellate judge, the Post noted, has never spoken publicly about disagreements with President Donald Trump, but the audio seems to tell a different story of discord and a rift that began when she asked her brother for a favor in the 1980s, which she claims Trump has frequently used to try to take credit for her success.

Barry also said at one point to her niece, "It's the phoniness of it all. It's the phoniness and this cruelty. Donald is cruel," according to the audio scripts and recordings.

Perhaps the most revealing part of the newly released audio is a conversation Barry reportedly had with her niece on Nov. 1, 2018, that seems to be the impetus for the allegation that Trump paid someone to take his SATs, which was one of the most publicized allegations in Mary Trump's book "Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created The World's Most Dangerous Man," according to the Post.

According to the Post, the conversation went like this, Barry said to Mary: "He went to Fordham for one year [actually two years] and then he got into University of Pennsylvania because he had somebody take the exams." "No way!" Mary responded. "He had somebody take his entrance exams?"

Barry then replied, "SATs or whatever. . . . That's what I believe," before saying, "I even remember the name." That person was Joe Shapiro," Barry said.

The Post went on to note that Mary Trump has said it was not the Joe Shapiro that went to Penn with Donald, and that person has not surfaced.
Chris Bastardi, a spokesman for Mary Trump, told the Post that she began taping conversations in 2018 with her aunt after she claims that her relatives had lied about the value of the family estate two decades earlier during a legal battle over her inheritance, in which she claims she received far less than she expected.

Bastardi said in a statement Saturday evening to CNN that "Mary realized members of her family had lied in prior depositions. Anticipating litigation, she felt it prudent to tape conversations in order to protect herself. She never expected to learn much of what she heard, including the President's sister, Federal Judge Maryanne Trump Barry, state that Donald Trump had paid someone to take an SAT exam for him."

Bastardi referred questions about Joe Shapiro, who allegedly took the exam for the President, to Maryanne Trump Barry and President Donald Trump.

On Saturday evening, the White House provided a statement from President Donald Trump, "Every day it's something else, who cares. I miss my brother, and I'll continue to work hard for the American people. Not everyone agrees, but the results are obvious. Our country will soon be stronger than ever before," the President said in reference to his brother Robert Trump who died earlier this month.

CNN has reached out to Maryanne Trump Barry for comment.

The audio's release came on the heels of the Democratic National Convention, during which Democrats and several prominent Republicans focused on framing the 2020 election as one about character and morality, rather than ideological policies. They presented Trump as an amoral egomaniac who is unfit to serve as President, while touting Biden as the picture of decency and empathy.

Barry's candid comments in the recordings fill out a similar picture, delivering a description of the President that hews closely to the one outlined by the President's political opponents at the DNC -- that of a "cruel" liar who has "no principles" and cares only about himself.

Beyond the political testimonials, Biden's own family featured heavily in the DNC messaging -- with his sister, children and grandchildren all filling in the portrait of a family-oriented, empathetic man they hope will replace Trump.

Trump will have an opportunity to rebut that criticism and paint himself as equally beloved by his family, with his four adult children all slated to speak at the Republican National Convention this coming week. But that task is now complicated by the candid comments of an older sister who has known Trump all his life.

Barry's view of her brother also lines up closely to others who have known Trump well. A litany of former aides have also described Trump in similar terms -- including the former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci, his former personal lawyer Michael Cohen, the former Department of Homeland Security chief of staff Miles Taylor and others.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/08/22/politics/ ... index.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If anyone is sobbing uncontrollably over this announcement, I have a box of tissue you can use. And if anyone actually believes her stated reasons for leaving, then that bridge in Brooklyn is still for sale . . .

Kellyanne Conway announces she's leaving the White House and George Conway is stepping away from Lincoln Project

By Paul LeBlanc, CNN

August 24, 2020

Washington (CNN) - White House counselor Kellyanne Conway announced Sunday evening she will leave her post at the end of the month while her husband, George Conway, said he was withdrawing from The Lincoln Project, both citing a need to focus on their family.

"I will be transitioning from the White House at the end of this month. George is also making changes," Kellyanne Conway said in a statement.

"We disagree about plenty but we are united on what matters most: the kids. Our four children are teens and 'tweens starting a new academic year, in middle school and high school, remotely from home for at least a few months. As millions of parents nationwide know, kids 'doing school from home' requires a level of attention and vigilance that is as unusual as these times."

George Conway tweeted minutes earlier that he was withdrawing from The Lincoln Project -- a group formed by anti-Trump Republicans -- to "devote more time to family matters."

Kellyanne Conway is scheduled to speak at this week's Republican National Convention, but it's unclear if she will still do so.

One of the Conways' high school-aged daughters has generated attention on social media about her family and their political views over the last several months.

The Sunday evening announcement marks an abrupt end to Kellyanne Conway's high-profile time in the White House where she earned a reputation as one of the President's fiercest -- and most controversial -- defenders. She landed her position in 2016 after becoming the first female campaign manager to win a presidential race.

But political tension with her husband had spilled into public view in recent years.

A Washington lawyer who was considered for multiple Justice Department posts early in Trump's tenure, George Conway quickly emerged as a prominent critic of the President.

He's previously said that Trump is "guilty" of being unfit for office, called for Congress to remove the "cancer" of Trump from the presidency and openly questioned the President's mental health.

His opposition took on new meaning when he joined The Lincoln Project.

Each of the Lincoln Project principals had aligned themselves with the "NeverTrump" movement in the 2016 election and have been outspoken critics of Trump and the Republican Party ever since.

Trump himself rebuffed George Conway last year, labeling him "Mr. Kellyanne Conway" in a tweet.

Earlier Sunday, George Conway had said in a tweet thread "I *may* be taking a Twitter hiatus soon" before listing out some of his critical op-eds about the President.

Still, Kellyanne Conway maintained in her statement Sunday that "the incredible men, women and children we've met along the way have reaffirmed my later-in-life experience that public service can be meaningful and consequential."

"For all of its political differences and cultural cleavages, this is a beautiful country filled with amazing people. The promise of America belongs to us all," Kellyanne Conway said.

She also stressed that the decision "is completely my choice and my voice."

"In time, I will announce future plans. For now, and for my beloved children, it will be less drama, more mama," she said.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/08/23/politics/ ... index.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Just when I thought maybe there are no new lows left that Trump can stoop to, he finds one. I think it is obvious to anyone other than total morons that Trump will stop at nothing to try to win the election.

I don't know why anyone would be "shocked" by this. Any means Trump can come up with to try to win the election, no matter how low, immoral, illegal, or how much of a lie it might be, rest assured that is exactly what he will do.

As for this latest one, why am I not surprised?

What bothers me just as much as all of this shit is that no matter how the election goes, the country in which I grew up no longer exists. As Thomas Wolfe said, "You can't go home again".

"I love America. I love all the freedom we used to have."
- George Carlin
___________________________________________________________________________________

Top intelligence office informs congressional committees it'll no longer brief on election security

By Jake Tapper and Zachary Cohen, CNN

August 29, 2020

(CNN) - The Office of the Director of National Intelligence has informed the House and Senate Select Committees on Intelligence that it'll no longer be briefing on election security issues, according to letters obtained by CNN. Instead, ODNI will primarily provide written updates to the congressional panels, a senior administration official said.

The official added that other agencies supporting election security, including the Department of Justice, Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security, intend to continue briefing Congress.

Still, the abrupt announcement is a change that runs counter to the pledge of transparency and regular briefings on election threats by the intelligence community.

It also comes after the top intelligence official on election security issued a statement earlier this month saying China, Russia and Iran are seeking to interfere in the 2020 US election, a warning that prompted some backlash from Democrats on Capitol Hill who have continued to push for the public release of more information about the nature of those efforts.

President Donald Trump said Saturday that Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe "got tired of" information leaking "so, he wants to do it in a different form."

"Director Ratcliffe brought information into the committee, and the information leaked," Trump said at an event in Texas.

"So, he wants to do it in a different form because you have leakers on the committee, obviously, leakers that are doing bad things, probably not even legal to leak, but we'll look into that separately," Trump said.

In response to Trump's accusations about leaks, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff tweeted, "As usual, President Trump is lying and projecting. Trump fired the last DNI for briefing Congress on Russian efforts to help his campaign. Now he's ending briefings altogether. Trump doesn't want the American people to know about Russia's efforts to aid his re-election."

'Shocking abdication' of lawful responsibility

Although the letter from the ODNI to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is stamped as having been delivered Friday, a source in the speaker's office said the office only received the letter Saturday evening after 5 p.m., via email, hours after the story broke on CNN and hours after CNN obtained a copy of it. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer only received his letter late Saturday, too, according to a Schumer aide.

The House Intelligence Committee received verbal notification of the change on Friday, without rationale, it but did not receive the ODNI letter until Saturday after 5 p.m., a source said, and the Senate Intelligence Committee received it at 5:10 p.m.

Democratic leaders on Saturday denounced the decision by the ODNI to no longer provide in-person briefings to members of Congress, including the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, on election security.

"This is a shocking abdication of its lawful responsibility to keep the Congress currently informed, and a betrayal of the public's right to know how foreign powers are trying to subvert our democracy. This intelligence belongs to the American people, not the agencies which are its custodian. And the American people have both the right and the need to know that another nation, Russia, is trying to help decide who their president should be," Pelosi and Schiff said in a statement.

"The ODNI had requested the opportunity to brief the intelligence committees and the full US House of Representatives in mid-September and has now cancelled those briefings and said it would hold no others. This is shameful and -- coming only weeks before the election -- demonstrates that the Trump Administration is engaged in a politicized effort to withhold election-related information from Congress and the American people at the precise moment that greater transparency and accountability is required," Pelosi and Schiff added.

Schumer on Saturday also called the decision not to provide briefings an "abdication of the Intelligence Community's duty" and said Ratcliffe "has made clear he's in the job only to protect Trump from democracy, not democracy from Trump."

"Our intelligence officials have said there's an active, ongoing assault on our democratic process from Russia. President Trump is simply using John Ratcliffe to hide the ugly truth from the American people - that the President is again receiving the help of the Kremlin," the New York Democrat said in a statement.

Former Vice President Joe Biden's campaign condemned the move and called on it to be reversed.

"For his administration to constrain the information being provided to the peoples' representatives in Congress as this national security threat multiplies -- especially given Donald Trump's unprecedented welcoming of these assaults on our democracy for his own gain -- is deeply alarming. This should be reversed immediately," spokesman Andrew Bates said in a statement Saturday.

An ODNI official defended the move Saturday, telling CNN that Ratcliffe "is committed to meeting our statutory responsibilities and keeping Congress fully and currently informed."

"For clarity and to protect sensitive intelligence from unauthorized disclosures, we will primarily do that through written finished intelligence products. We are concerned with unauthorized disclosures of sensitive information following recent briefings," the official said.

Frustration over leaks

Intelligence officials have previously expressed frustration over information presented in classified sessions with congressional committees leaking to the press but offered no indication of a coming change to the briefing format.

"In an election year, we recognize that no matter what the U.S. Intelligence Community says on this issue, it will be parsed, spun and likely criticized in the U.S. political ecosystem. The bottom line is that this represents the most current, accurate and objective election threat information the Intelligence Community has to offer the public at this time," an ODNI official told CNN earlier this month.

"The steps we have taken thus far to inform the public and other key stakeholders on threats to the election ... are unprecedented for the Intelligence Community. We will continue providing election threat updates to the American public, the presidential campaigns, political committees, and members of Congress," the ODNI official added.

Last month, the top intelligence official for election security, Bill Evanina, also reiterated a commitment to providing "robust intelligence-based briefings on election security" to key stakeholders that include Congress, along with the political parties and presidential campaigns.

A shift to written briefings will undoubtedly limit lawmakers' ability to ask questions of intelligence officials in real time, according to former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

"With a written release or a written report, you avoid the back-and-forth of questions, some of which could be quite probing. And I think, I think the DNI would like to avoid that and avoid the risk of saying something that might incur the wrath of the President," Clapper said on Saturday.

"I think this is a terrible thing with respect to the need to inform the electorate about what foreign nations are doing to interfere in our political process, most notably the Russians," added Clapper, a CNN contributor.

CNN has reached out to committee officials for comment.

Intelligence officials warned Russia seeking to 'denigrate' Biden

Earlier this month, Evanina released an unprecedented statement saying China "prefers" an outcome where President Donald Trump is not reelected in November and Russia is working to "denigrate" Biden's White House bid.

"We assess that China prefers that President Trump -- whom Beijing sees as unpredictable -- does not win reelection," he wrote. "China has been expanding its influence efforts ahead of November 2020 to shape the policy environment in the United States, pressure political figures it views as opposed to China's interests, and deflect and counter criticism of China."

"We assess that Russia is using a range of measures to primarily denigrate former Vice President Biden and what it sees as an anti-Russia 'establishment.' This is consistent with Moscow's public criticism of him when he was Vice President for his role in the Obama Administration's policies on Ukraine and its support for the anti-Putin opposition inside Russia," Evanina added.

Evanina also stated that Iran is seeking to "undermine US democratic institutions, President Trump, and to divide the country."

At the time, Pelosi and Schiff said Evanina's statement improved on the previous warning about foreign election interference he issued in July, but "still treats three actors of differing intent and capability as equal threats to our democratic elections."

In a joint statement, the top Republican and Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, Sens. Marco Rubio and Mark Warner, thanked Evanina for providing the additional information about the threats and encouraged the intelligence community to "continue to make this information available."

US officials charged with protecting the 2020 election also said last week that they have "no information or intelligence" foreign countries, including Russia, are attempting to undermine any part of the mail-in voting process, contradicting Trump, who has repeatedly pushed false claims that foreign adversaries are targeting mail ballots as part of a "rigged" presidential race.

Specifically, a senior intelligence official discounted the possibility of foreign actors mass producing fake ballots to interfere in the November elections, again breaking with Trump who has continued to insist that mail-in voting poses a significant threat to election security.

"We have no information or intelligence that any nation state threat actor is engaging in activity ... to undermine any part of the mail-in vote or ballots," the official told reporters on Wednesday

https://us.cnn.com/2020/08/29/politics/ ... index.html
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

If you are in a battleground state it is most important you vote. Our fear mongering President will lie, cheat or anything else to win this election.
≠=================================

Michael Moore warns that Donald Trump is on course to repeat 2016 win

Film-maker says enthusiasm for president in swing states is ‘off the charts’ and urges everyone to commit to getting 100 people to vote

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... 16-warning
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:34 am Michael Moore warns that Donald Trump is on course to repeat 2016 win
That worries me because he was right about the 2016 election when everybody thought Hillary Clinton was going to win and most of the polls were showing that she would.

At the moment, it seems as if the same thing is going on with Joe Biden.

Two more frightening thoughts - If Trump wins he is already talking about a third term despite the Constitution. If he loses, and doesn't wind up in jail, there is nothing to stop him from running again in 2024.

I can only hope enough people get out there and vote - for Biden. With the lunacy going on with the post office, now I'm wondering if absentee ballots from us expats will actually even be counted.

I don't understand why so many people support him. WHY?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

The link below shows Biden's response to allegations that Trump refers to military personnel as being "suckers" and losers".
I think Biden nailed it.

Trump now wants FOX reporter fired for airing the same story...tweeting this morning..."Fox is Finished". CNN has to be loving it!

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics ... -politics/