Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Jun

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Jun »

RichLB wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:12 pm What have I missed? Are you aware of data I am not that suggests Biden's health is compromised?
No, but I was referring to some comments I'd heard from some American citizens who thought his health was a sufficient risk that Biden should have nominated his running mate more quickly. Audio comments, so no link to post here.

As for the Republican side, here's a quote from the BBC:
"Although Vice-President Mike Pence would be in line to assume presidential duties if Mr Trump became unable to act as president, Mr Pence wouldn’t necessarily be the Republican party’s candidate as it has already officially nominated Mr Trump.

Under the party’s rules, the 168 members of the Republic National Committee (RNC) would have to vote to elect a new presidential nominee, with Mr Pence one of the likely candidates."
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

If Trump becomes incapacitated or dies during the election process America would have a disaster on its hands.

In my opinion, it would serve the country better if Trump survives the virus and/or is diagnosed as being asymptomatic, so he can continue performing his duties during the election process.

Having a President become incapacitated or die during the election process is unprecedented and would almost certainly result in total chaos in the government. This would not only delay the election of the new President, but poses a serious threat to national security as well.

As Jun stated, if Trump were to become incapacitated or die, the RNC would most likely vote in another candidate, although, because this is an unprecedented event in U.S. history, there are no guarantees. Right now we have two sides of the isle who have been engaged in bitter conflict for the past 4 years and its anyone's guess what the outcome would be.

Also, if this were to happen, the millions of votes which have already been cast will become null and void - and all the national ballets would have to be discarded and reprinted with the new candidate(s) names. In short, an absolute nightmare. At least that's the way I see it.

What I'm hoping for at this juncture, is for Trump to recover...allow the election process to proceed...deal with the chaos that Trump creates during the transition of power when he loses the election...and wish him and his family well.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:22 am a serious threat to national security as well.
What do you see as that threat? In my opinion, the most serious threat to national security is Trump himself.

I am also wondering just how ill he really is. The White House has highly sophisticated medical facilities, but Trump has been admitted to the Walter Reed Hospital. I'm not so sure we are being told the truth about his condition and/or prognosis. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Jun wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:07 pm I was under the impression that the vice President is the answer to your questions.
That's not how it works. There is nothing to legally confirm that and also there is no precedent. It would be charting totally new territory.

Pence would not necessarily be the candidate for president. It would be up to the Republican National Committee to nominate the presidential candidate. And, of course, the candidate would have to accept the nomination. I wonder if Pence would accept. If I were him, I would not.

Then, of course, the question would be if those involved could quickly reach an agreement on who the nominee ought to be and whether their choice would accept the nomination. Along with that, there would likely be even more chaos from those who are not involved, but think they should be involved.

I have a feeling no matter what happens, Congress will be coming up with new laws to cover this kind of eventuality. And if their new laws are challenged on Constitutional grounds, what happens next could very well end up being decided by the Supreme Court.

Maybe they would nominate their greatest candidate ever . . .

We'll see how this all plays out.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Experts are beginning to think that Trump's recent Rose Garden POTUS Party, which included hundreds of high-ranking officials, and others, served as a "Super Spreader" of the virus.

Kellyanne Conway was in attendance and just tested positive. She should have resigned a bit earlier.

Pictures of the event show almost no one wearing a mask - and there was no social distancing.

I imagine Pence will see this as God calling to him.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... rden-event
Jun

Post by Jun »

Observing from a distance, I think the planet would be a better place if Trump keeled over as fast as possible.

The same goes for a few other world leaders. Particularly fat Kim and the 2 countries which share the northern border with him.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:09 pm
.....I think the planet would be a better place if Trump keeled over as fast as possible.
Seeing as they had to airlift the idiot to a hospital today his days may be numbered.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:28 pmSeeing as they had to airlift the idiot to a hospital today his days may be numbered.
The idiot walked to his helicopter, so I presume he was not that ill.

He's previously shown support for unproven treatments for Covid & perhaps he's got access to some of them, due to his position. I suspect the trip to hospital is due to excess caution.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Chris Christy has Covid.

With a long history of asthma and more belly fat than Santa Claus, I imagine he's on thin ice.

Rudy Giuliani, Barr, and a whole host of other Trump brown-nosers, must be shiting in their pants. Too bad Lindsey Graham wasn't in the Rose Garden.

The list will almost certainly continue to expand.

Trump being transferred from quarantine at the White House to Walter Reed Hospital could indicate a more serious concern according to most medical advisors interviewed this past few days.

The upcoming VP debate has been elevated in importance for obvious reasons.

It's nice hearing good news for a change...unless its all Fake News.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:07 am
According to what several of Trumps advisors told the Press this morning, he had to be pushed out of the White House because he did not want to go to the hospital. Then he says on the video that it was his decision. As all-things-Trump, he lied again.

Even during something as serious as this, the idiot still has to spin lies...create chaos...and do whatever it takes to keep the cameras on HIM. I doubt he would ever turn over temporary control to Pence, even if he was going into a coma.

Amazing too, that during all his typical show-boating on the video he almost forgot to mention his wife.

Thank God there's no vaccine yet. This dickhead is far more dangerous than the virus.