Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Dodger

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Dodger »

The New York Times just reported that Trumps financial disclosures indicated he earned at least $434.9 million in 2018, but the tax filings they have obtained reported a $47.4 million loss.

Trumps response when questioned at a news briefing was..."Fake News".

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24632246/
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

The New York Times just reported that Trumps financial disclosures indicated he earned at least $434.9 million in 2018, but the tax filings they have obtained reported a $47.4 million loss. This disclosure apparently shows that he hasn't paid any federal taxes in 10 of the last 15 years.

Trumps initial response when questioned at a news briefing was..."Fake News".

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24632246/
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Here's a video of Trumps response to the press.

He must say at least a dozen times "The IRS treats me very badly"...I guess that's in preparation for telling his supporters that the IRS is just reporting Fake News as well. It just doesn't get any uglier than this. On second thought, it probably will.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-ta ... 45608.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:39 am I guess that's in preparation for telling his supporters that the IRS is just reporting Fake News as well.
He's already doing that. I don't think the New York Times or any other media would have published that if they couldn't prove that it's true. There is no valid reason whatsoever not to publicize tax returns even if they are being audited. He's been using that excuse for years. Does anyone actually believe it takes IRS 4 years to audit tax returns?

The trouble is his supporters will either swallow his excuses or won't even care. I hope Biden will be successful enough in the debate to turn more of Trump's supporters against him. I can't imagine why anyone would want a person like him to continue being President, but his supporters just refuse to see it that way.

Many of the "talking heads" are saying even if Trump loses the election, he will try to refuse to leave office. If Biden wins I hope he'll be sworn in and will have Trump evicted from the White House - preferably right into the arms of police waiting to arrest him.
puan

Post by puan »

A friend put forth a prediction that may well prove true. The scenario goes:

1. Trump loses the election.
2. Trump resigns following the election but before 12 noon, January 20, 2021.
3. Pence becomes President following Trump's resignation.
4. Pence pardons Trump.

The pardon does not impact state criminal investigation/charges but does take care of federal charges. Also by resigning before Inauguration Day, Trump avoids the scene at the capitol swearing in ceremony.

Interesting scenario.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:00 am
.....I can't imagine why anyone would want a person like him to continue being President, but his supporters just refuse to see it that way.
Maybe the best we can hope for are more of the "Undecideds" to sway over to Biden.

Fingers and toes crossed!
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

puan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:24 am A friend put forth a prediction that may well prove true. The scenario goes:

1. Trump loses the election.
2. Trump resigns following the election but before 12 noon, January 20, 2021.
3. Pence becomes President following Trump's resignation.
4. Pence pardons Trump.

The pardon does not impact state criminal investigation/charges but does take care of federal charges. Also by resigning before Inauguration Day, Trump avoids the scene at the capitol swearing in ceremony.

Interesting scenario.
I'm not sure what incentive Pence would have to agree to do this. But, I guess anything's possible in this nightmare.

A big question I have (there are so many) is why the IRS didn't take Trump to the cleaners and prosecute him before he even campaigned for President?

How can a federal agency like the IRS conceal this information from the public when there's so much is at stake? Not only should Trump's taxes be investigated, but this may be grounds for the IRS to be investigated as well.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I doubt that puan's friend's scenario will happen, but if it does I would love to see it go right to the moment Pence is supposed to pardon Trump, and then Pence doesn't. Not that I would expect it out of Pence, but I'd love to see him say, "Let Trump stand trial for his crimes like everybody else."

I could see Trump trying to pardon himself and then Bill Barr supporting it before I could see Pence doing a thing.

Trump's taxes. Trump's lies. Trump's frauds. Trump's treatment of children who continue to be locked in cages. Trump Trump Trump. The list is endless.

"If he were a paid Soviet agent, he could not do more to harm this country than he's doing now."
- John McGiver (Senator Jordan), 'The Manchurian Candidate' - 1962
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:39 pm
I doubt that puan's friend's scenario will happen, but if it does I would love to see it go right to the moment Pence is supposed to pardon Trump, and then Pence doesn't.
What a Christmas Present that would be, especially if Melania was standing next to Pence smiling ear-to-ear when he made this announcement.
gera

Post by gera »

RichLB wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:57 pm My fear is that if Trump loses and challenges the election the country will sink into a civil war - and I mean a shooting one with radicalized cells.
In reality it is leftist groups which terrorize and vandalize American cities. I have not heard recently that right groups attacked federal buildings and police precincts (though, of course in the past it did happen) or set on fire or looted shops. Not that it diminishes the chances of the scenario you outlined. And that can be one big reason (along with Biden's obvious mental problems and lack of enthusiasm regarding him from AOC and her ilk ) why Trump may win without resorting to illegal actions.