Republicans Take Control of US Senate

jason105

Re: Republicans Take Control of US Senate

Post by jason105 »

Thanks for the reality check!
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

As a rabid Obama supporter, my issue with the Dems and what I don't understand is, why with such an outstanding record, did so many Democratic candidates run away from Obama. Perhaps if they had hopped on the bandwagon of his accomplishments, the result of the recent election might have been different.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

RichLB wrote:why with such an outstanding record, did so many Democratic candidates run away from Obama
I ask the same question, maybe my expectations were too high, a great communicator (hopefully the Democratic Reagan), but never fully realized so the party ran and hid. I suspect the battlefield was in too many red states, but Shaheen in New Hampshire touted Obamacare and she won against a tough opponent.
pitrevie

Post by pitrevie »

Up2u wrote:I wonder if the Republicans realize that the black communist Muslim president they despise has bombed 7 Muslim countries during his presidency in the name of keeping America safe. Anyone care to name them?
On Thai Visa there are still guys who still believe his birth certificate is fake. The GOP was once the party of Eisenhower, now its mostly dominated by nut jobs.
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

For just a touch of levity. . .

Alex

Post by Alex »

LKAsians wrote:
Alex wrote:Fed up with President Obama, yes, I think that's pretty much the only sensible way to read it. Personally, I think he's earned it. As for the GOP's agenda, I'm afraid I cannot help you.
So you think he earned his position of "Fed up with President Obama:?? I would ask you and others that think the same to take a look at [...]
Frankly, I'd rather not. In case you've missed my point, this was it as far as the Obama Presidency is concerned. At least for me. I'll leave debating his legacy to others, my eyes are set on 2016 and the next POTUS. Here's hoping (s)he will be less of a complete and utter failure. You could make impressive lists of accomplishments such as yours for all the presidents the United States have ever had. As long as you don't include a detailed overview of what they had promised, what they've achieved, what they've botched and what they've completely "forgotten" about, it's pretty much worthless. Just my opinion, obviously.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Alex wrote: You could make impressive lists of accomplishments such as yours for all the presidents the United States have ever had.
With all respect, I don't think that is true - and I'm not even taking into account the hostility to his presidency demonstrated by the Tea Party controlled Republicans.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex wrote:You could make impressive lists of accomplishments such as yours for all the presidents the United States have ever had.
I like that idea. I'm going to start my list with Millard Fillmore . . .
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »