UFOs

TheCornerBar

Re: UFOs

Post by TheCornerBar »

Prune martinis are the special tonight! Mention this post and get one for 100b! Guarranteed to get you going! Bring a cute Thai boy that likes anal probing by this alien and get the martini for free! Bring an outer space alien and I will throw in a free cheeseburger!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

TheCornerBar wrote: Bring an outer space alien and I will throw in a free cheeseburger!
For me or the alien?
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Turns out we're both wrong. They have found Iknaton's mummy, but he did have an elongated head. I'm trying to add the image.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

RichLB wrote: Believe it or not, I have no investment in the alien theory - in fact, I don't really believe it. However, having viewed the 6 episode series, I admit the evidence is persuasive. .
After watching some of the episodes I find none of the so called evidence as persuasive. To me it is all double talk and speculation to the point of absurdity. Truth is, the History Channel and the program producers are just foisting a big hoax on the viewers and laughing at the success of their show. Unfortunately some people do believe and accept what is being shown.
Bob

Post by Bob »

RichLB wrote: I confess your rebuttal has confused me.......
Believe it or not, I have no investment in the alien theory - in fact, I don't really believe it. However, having viewed the 6 episode series, I admit the evidence is persuasive.
Hmmmm.....speaking of confusing, you find the evidence "persuasive" but you say "in fact, I don't really believe it." I tend to believe persuasive evidence but, with respect to the "alien" stories, I have seen no such evidence that even approaches persuasive. Sorta like the Bigfoot sightings in my book.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

windwalker wrote: After watching some of the episodes I find none of the so called evidence as persuasive. To me it is all double talk and speculation to the point of absurdity. Truth is, the History Channel and the program producers are just foisting a big hoax on the viewers and laughing at the success of their show. Unfortunately some people do believe and accept what is being shown.
Until some countervailing arguments are presented I remain an advocate. I notice that those who reject the ongoing hypothesis do nothing more than write hysterical epithets and now attribute motives to the channel and producers without an iota of evidence. How about some intellectual integrity and presenting an argument in opposition rather than merely stamping your foot and saying, "It ain't so."
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Bob wrote: Hmmmm.....speaking of confusing, you find the evidence "persuasive" but you say "in fact, I don't really believe it." I tend to believe persuasive evidence but, with respect to the "alien" stories, I have seen no such evidence that even approaches persuasive. Sorta like the Bigfoot sightings in my book.
Bob, I guess I am more of a skeptic than you. I find persuasive evidence just that - persuasive, but not convincing. The more I read the inputs of the naysayers, the more I begin to believe that maybe there are no better explanations for the anomalies we've been discussing. Merely proclaiming that the theory threatens prevailing wisdom is not compelling to me. How about some support for the rebuttal argument?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: GB, I'm afraid it IS denial . . . Let's hear some alternatives to . . . the elongated heads of Iknaton and Tutenkaman
Dolichocephaly - which not even particularly uncommon.

http://www.dolichocephaly.info

http://www.guardians.net/hawass/press_r ... esults.htm
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote: Dolichocephaly - which not even particularly uncommon.
It isn't? In reading the provided links and doing a Google for other articles, it is an extremely rare condition. But I didn't need to read those articles to know that. How many people have you seen walking around with a head shaped like the picture of the skull of Tutenkaman? Seems pretty rare to me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:It isn't? In reading the provided links and doing a Google for other articles, it is an extremely rare condition. But I didn't need to read those articles to know that. How many people have you seen walking around with a head shaped like the picture of the skull of Tutenkaman? Seems pretty rare to me.
Rare or not, once again it does not require aliens to explain Tut or anyone else.