Mod Tools

Grimmy

Mod Tools

Post by Grimmy »

Do you realize that your moderator tool menu shows up at the bottom of regular users' screens? You might want to re-think that. I'd hate to see some of the touble makers find a way to hack into your controls.

:mrgreen: Grimmy

Gaybutton

Re: Mod Tools

Post by Gaybutton »

Grimmy wrote:Do you realize that your moderator tool menu shows up at the bottom of regular users' screens? You might want to re-think that. I'd hate to see some of the trouble makers find a way to hack into your controls.
Are you talking about where it says, "The team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC + 7 hours"? If that's what you are referring to, those are not mod tools. Those are user tools and they are supposed to be there. The board cookies are what allows you to remain logged in whenever you access the board and allows you to view only new messages, etc. If you 'delete all board cookies,' you are only deleting your own cookies, but it will have no effect on anyone else's.

If you are talking about something else, please tell me what you are seeing.

Grimmy

Post by Grimmy »

Nope. I am talking about at the bottom of the page there is a quick mod tool. It allows me to sticky items. Note that I had "A Flurry of Gaybutton Activity" stickied for several days until I un-stickied it today. I don't know if I am just special or if others have this tool as well.

Good luck,
:mrgreen: Grimmy

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Grimmy wrote:I don't know if I am just special or if others have this tool as well.
Yes, everybody has those. I set the board that way. As long as nobody abuses anything I will leave those features in place for people to use at their discretion if they need to post announcements, etc. If people start abusing it I can turn off that feature in about two seconds. If everybody uses those features appropriately, I have no problem about it.