Bells and Whistles

kenaubkk

Re: Bells and Whistles

Post by kenaubkk »

thai4u wrote:Is a spell checker a possible option?
many browsers, eg Firefox, support spell check in any text field in any form on any web site, better than relying on the site itself to provide

ken
kenaubkk

Post by kenaubkk »

and how about a favicon - the site looks so boring in bookmarks and tabs without it :(

ken
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'll try to do the things you gentlemen suggest. This board is new to me too and it's going to take me some time to figure out how everything works, how to make modifications, etc. But so far I like the suggestions being made and I'll try. Of course, if any of you know how these things can be done or know web sites I can go to where they show how these things are done, please let me know. That will make life much easier for me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

For spell checking, if you use the Firefox browser, it has a built-in spell checker. If you use IE Explorer, take a look here: http://www.iespell.com

That should resolve spell check problems for most of you.

In the meantime, I'll still try to find a spell checker that works on this board.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

kenaubkk wrote:and how about a favicon
Ok, now there is a favicon. I made it the most appropriate one I could think of. It's the gay Rainbow Flag. If you have bookmarked this board, now it should appear next to your bookmark, on your tabs, and next to the URL in any of the browsers.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

TOQ wrote:is there an option to place the user name and info on the left instead of the right.
If there is, so far I can't find it. It looks like that would require some sort of a mod. I'm reluctant to do mods until I really get used to the inner workings of the board. I don't want to do anything to the board that might screw up the whole thing. So, unless it's really important, I'd rather just leave well enough alone.
TOQ

Post by TOQ »

Gaybutton wrote:
TOQ wrote:is there an option to place the user name and info on the left instead of the right.
If there is, so far I can't find it. It looks like that would require some sort of a mod. I'm reluctant to do mods until I really get used to the inner workings of the board. I don't want to do anything to the board that might screw up the whole thing. So, unless it's really important, I'd rather just leave well enough alone.
It could be an option on other Themes besides the Prosilver. I can not remember