Funny texts on gayromeo

christianpfc

Funny texts on gayromeo

Post by christianpfc »

I don’t mean text that are created by computerized translation (the can be funny or incomprehensible, too), but texts that are written by the boys themselves and where mistakes change the meaning completely like here:

My Notes: I am looking for friends and wont say no to some fun along the way !!!

Wont and won’t have kind of opposite meaning. Or here:

Well, SEX is scared. Therefore it should happen between to people who love each other or al least have feelings for each other.

Scared and sacred. Again kind of opposite meaning. Or homophones (words that sound the same, but are written differently):

ma male (his Email) male and mail

Papaya Slad Ummm!!! Testy! Testy and tasty

partner let's we shaire our experience

I want to make freinds with someone all around the world!

Room for Rant and Sael

i like go look muvie in cinema

Speak English A Little Bitch

My Underwere

I didn’t find any confusion between massage and message so far.

There is some regularity in pronounciation of English words, I get it right in about 95% of all cases when I come across an unknown word. English homophones are a hobby of mine, and English texts in Thailand are a rich field to study them. My eyes popped out of my head when I saw a book on English homophones at Chatuchak marked, for a ridiculouosly low price!

Or this one (now corrected):

every time you smile at me. you make me easy to love you.i could even cunt them there's so many ways (*_*)

I didn’t even know that this word exists, until a year ago a british friend pointed out to a spanish friend that it is very important not to pronounce can’t like cunt and beach like bitch.

Anyone else interested in languages and has something to share?
thaiworthy

Re: Funny texts on gayromeo

Post by thaiworthy »

It must be difficult to learn the English language, with all its peculiar nuances and many idioms.

For example, why do feet smell and a nose run? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

;)
kenaubkk

Post by kenaubkk »

yes we have all seen the lists, they have been around for years but one of the idioms worth remembering is the one about people living in glass houses - Thai and most other languages are not that much less "nuanced" or "idiomatic" then English (US or UK versions!)

bkkguy
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

kenaubkk wrote:yes we have all seen the lists
I love those kinds of lists. Here's a few from George Carlin to add to the list:

"It's ok to prick your finger. But don't finger your prick."

"Why do we say take a shit? I never take a shit. I leave it there."