Myanmar to resume international flights on April 17th

Gaybutton

Myanmar to resume international flights on April 17th

Post by Gaybutton »

As far as I'm concerned Myanmar can have all the international flights they want. But as long as that violent military dictatorship remains in power I, for one, won't be traveling to Myanmar even if the flights plus hotels are free.

After 2 years Myanmar to resume international flights on April 17th

by Eleven Media

March 20, 2022

Myanmar will be allowing international flights to resume operations on April 17th in accordance with the health and safety guidelines, according to the Central Committee on Prevention, Control and Treatment of COVID-19 released on March 18th.

With the aim to control the spread of COVID-19 outbreak, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Transports and Communications had announced that temporary directives on landing international flights to Myanmar had been lifted since the beginning of March 29th of 2020 to March 31st of 2022.

Now, Myanmar reports significant drop in COVID-19 new cases and deaths.

To boost the international tourism industry and to facilitate easy entry for foreigners, the government will be allowing international commercial flights to resume operations on April 17th by the COVID-19 guidelines.

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40013587
Jun

Re: Myanmar to resume international flights on April 17th

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:54 am As far as I'm concerned Myanmar can have all the international flights they want. But as long as that violent military dictatorship remains in power I, for one, won't be traveling to Myanmar even if the flights plus hotels are free.
I agree, for now.

However, whilst the Myanmar regime is by far the worst, if we look to the east of Myanmar, there are at least 4 other dictatorships in the ASEAN region. So some consideration needs to be given about where we draw the line.

I'd put Myanmar on the wrong side of that line for reasons of ethics AND personal safety at present.

Also, if we get over that hurdle at some point in the future, there are a few other details to consider. Internet access for dating apps, exchange rates & where to change money, etc.

I hope the opposition eventually depose and butcher those leading the regime, preferably with some discrete support from the west.
Gaybutton

Re: Myanmar to resume international flights on April 17th

Post by Gaybutton »

This only reinforces my opinion about what is happening in Myanmar and why there is no way I would go there while this junta is in power:

Myanmar junta chief vows no talks with opposition "terrorists"

March 27, 2022

Myanmar's junta chief on Sunday (March 27) said the military will not negotiate with "terrorist" opposition forces, vowing to annihilate them during a speech on Armed Forces Day, as opponents of last year's coup vowed they will also fight on.

The military, known as the Tatmadaw, celebrated with a parade of troops and weapons in the capital, Naypyitaw, for the second year since overthrowing the elected government of Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi on Feb. 1, 2021.

Junta leader Min Aung Hlaing in his speech rejected any talks with "terrorists". A five-point peace plan by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations calls for talks on all sides, but so far has seen little progress.

The junta accuses opposition armed forces of killing civilians and security forces in its resistance campaign, while activists say the military has killed hundreds in crackdowns since the coup. Myanmar has been plagued by violence since the military seized power, upending a decade of tentative democratic and economic reforms.

More than 1,700 people have been killed and almost 13,000 arrested, according to the rights group Assistance Association for Political Prisoners (AAPP).nti-coup protesters came out on streets in Myanmar on Sunday morning opposing the coup carrying signs saying "uproot the fascist military."

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40013884