Remember this incident? Wanna see how it ended?

Gaybutton

Remember this incident? Wanna see how it ended?

Post by Gaybutton »

Mark McCloskey is running for US senator. I just love that part. Watch him actually win - probably easily - and join the rest of the Republican racist, violence promoting morons.
________________________________________________________________________________

Missouri governor pardons Mark and Patricia McCloskey, couple who waved guns at protesters

The couple were recorded in June 2020 brandishing guns at peaceful Black Lives Matter protesters as they passed by their mansion in St. Louis.

By Tim Fitzsimons

August 4, 2021

Missouri's governor on Friday pardoned the husband-wife couple who drew national headlines last summer for waving guns at Black Lives Matter protesters.

Patricia and Mark McCloskey were listed among 10 other pardons and two commutations announced by Republican Gov. Mike Parson Friday.

The couple was photographed and recorded brandishing a semiautomatic gun and a pistol at the peaceful protesters as they passed by their mansion in St. Louis in June 2020.

In May, Mark McCloskey announced his campaign for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senator from Missouri.

He told Fox News host Tucker Carlson about his decision to run: "God came knocking on my door last summer disguised as an angry mob, and it really did wake me up."

Patricia and Mark McCloskey were first charged with felonies, but later pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges in a deal announced shortly after Mark announced his candidacy for the U.S. Senate.

Immediately after the plea deal, Mark McCloskey said he would "do it again."

Patricia McCloskey spoke at the 2020 Republican National Convention and warned that Joe Biden and "radical" Democrats wanted to "abolish the suburbs altogether by ending single-family home zoning.”

Parson did not immediately respond to an NBC News request for comment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... s-n1275871

Parson did not immediately respond? Why, what a surprise!

I wonder if he would respond to the question I would ask - Would you have pardoned them if they had fired those weapons and/or hurt or killed anyone - people who were causing them no harm in any way, not threatening them in any way, and peacefully exercising their Constitutional rights?

Congratulations, Governor - you have just set quite an interesting precedent.
catawampuscat

Re: Remember this incident? Wanna see how it ended?

Post by catawampuscat »

It’s insane that people are allowed to buy and own weapons shown in the photo..