What becomes of Trump once he leaves office?

RichLB

Re: What becomes of Trump once he leaves office?

Post by RichLB »

CNN just announced that YouTube has acted to remove Trump from its service.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:57 am Especially the ones supported with armed militia's. Classifying them all as "Domestic Terrorists" was a good start last week.
I hope the time is coming soon when people realize the Second Amendment begins with the words, "A well regulated militia . . ." Armed groups ready to overthrow the government by force, including hurting and killing people, is not "well regulated" by any stretch of the imagination. It's nothing more than a lawless mob. I don't see why that can't be brought under control without having to change the Second Amendment in any way.

The part about "the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed" also needs to be re-interpreted since it says nothing about what kind of arms. If nothing else, limit the types of arms to the kinds that existed when the amendment came into effect - in 1791. Why do I think James Madison, the author of the Second Amendment, along with the Congress and states that ratified it, never expected it to be twisted into what is has become today? Somehow I doubt it ever occurred to them that the right to bear arms would come to mean that guns can be owned by people perfectly willing to rob and murder each other along with being used to attempt an armed, violent, mob insurrection against their own government. But that is what it has come to mean.

If the Second Amendment needs a change, perhaps it should be worded to say, "A well regulated militia, with the exception of being regulated in any way, shape, or form by Donald Trump . . ."
Bob

Post by Bob »

Can only hope....
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

"America is a nation of laws." That's right, Mr. Trump. Maybe you ought to consider obeying some of them.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Well, Twitterless Trump was just awarded a Second Impeachment for his outstanding efforts at fucking up the government...making him the first President in U.S. history to accomplish this seemingly impossible feat.

He launched a well-scripted video on Fox yesterday telling his supporters to clam down and behave, all in an attempt to stop Republicans from voting to impeach him in the House, which of course backfired on him a few hours later when 10 Republicans joined ranks with House Democrats and tossed their hats into the "let's burn Trump fire". (see GB's video above)

Boy oh boy, when a guy like this loses, he certainly loses BIG. Loses the election, loses his job, loses his political allies, loses a big chuck of his supporters, loses huge corporate financial contributors, loses his banks, loses his golf tournaments, loses foreign allies, may lose his home in Mar-a-lago (neighbors don't want him there,,,gee. I wonder why?)), and my 6 year old granddaughter has more online media privilege's right now than he does. She can twitter her friends this morning...Trump can't, and he's the fucking President of the United States for Christ's sake.

If this is The Art of the Deal, I'd hate to see if he really lost.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Just Funny Stuff...but oh so true!

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:06 pm Just Funny Stuff...but oh so true!
I particularly like the part where the Shaman's mommy explains that he gets very sick if he doesn't eat organic food. Well, maybe he should have thought of that before he traveling to Washington, D.C. to commit felonies. I guess he'll just have to be sick for the next 10-20 years.

One good thing - as a result of all this a lot of nut cases are going to be locked up for a long time. Good. Let them support Trump all they want from federal prison. Who knows, maybe their exalted Trump will end up right there with them. I hope so. That way they can all spend years together complaining how the election was rigged and stolen.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

As for Trump's grand sendoff - the one he personally ordered the military to provide - complete with a military band, a military jet flyover, and a 21 gun salute:

“for upon my life I don’t know of anybody to go to it. Suppose we make up a party and volunteer?”

“I don’t mind going if a lunch is provided,” observed the gentleman with the excrescence on his nose. “But I must be fed, if I make one.”

- Charles Dickens, 'A Christmas Carol'
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Now that it finally is bye bye Trump, is it also bye bye QAnon?

I am trying, and failing, to understand how so many people can be such morons.

Some QAnon followers lose hope after inauguration

"I don't think this is supposed to happen," one QAnon follower posted as Joe Biden was sworn in.

By Ben Collins and Brandy Zadrozny

January 21, 2021

Some QAnon conspiracy theorists, in public and private internet forums and chat rooms, were despondent Wednesday as their prophecy of an Inauguration Day coup to keep Donald Trump in power failed again as President Joe Biden was sworn into office.

The situation left some QAnon adherents with no choice but to write off the conspiracy theory entirely, but others continued to maintain that it was still developing.

QAnon supporters believed Wednesday's inauguration was an elaborate trap set by the former president, wherein Democrats would be rounded up and executed while Trump retained power. Various other doomsdays theorized by the QAnon community have also come and gone without incident.

But in contrast with the events of those days, Biden's inauguration leaves the community with little daylight. As their predictions failed to come true, radicalized QAnon members expressed their sense of betrayal on messaging apps like Telegram and forums named after their failed doomsday scenario, The Great Awakening.

While Biden took the oath, a top post on a QAnon forum read "I don't think this is supposed to happen" and wondered, "How long does it take the fed to run up the stairs and arrest him?"

Other users became immediately dejected, realizing that their dreams of a bloody coup were not going to be realized.

"Anyone else feeling beyond let down?" a top post on a popular QAnon forum read. "It's like being a kid and seeing the big gift under the tree thinking it is exactly what you want only to open it and realize it was a lump of coal."

One of the largest QAnon groups on Telegram closed comments to let everyone "take a breather" after Biden's inauguration. When it reopened after it was accused of censorship, thousands of users expressed a range of reactions: confusion and realization that QAnon was in fact a hoax, as well as renewed commitment to the conspiracy theory, despite its unreliability.

Ron Watkins, the former administrator for the message board and QAnon hub 8kun and a major force behind false conspiracy theories surrounding the election results, seemed to capitulate, posting a note to his more than 100,000 followers: "We gave it our all. Now we need to keep our chins up and go back to our lives as best we are able."

QAnon influencers fled to fringe apps like Telegram and Gab after years of unbridled growth on larger platforms, including Twitter and Facebook, which banned QAnon accounts and content last year. Facebook reported Tuesday that it had removed 60,000 pages, groups and accounts that had promoted the conspiracy theory since November.

Some QAnon followers spent weeks preparing for a nationwide blackout starting at noon on Inauguration Day, warning friends and family in text chains and Facebook messages to buy CB radios and stock up on food. They believed Trump would announce martial law through the Emergency Alert System before carrying out mass arrests.

Travis View, who hosts the conspiracy-debunking podcast QAnon Anonymous, said those who make money on the conspiracy theory are having a harder time persuading adherents to keep the faith after such a spectacularly wrong prediction.

"QAnon influencers who have built large audiences over the past three years continue to encourage their audiences to 'trust the plan,'" View said. "Many rank-and-file QAnon followers are expressing anger and disillusionment."

Some QAnon followers stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, including a man wearing a QAnon shirt, while leading a pack of protesters toward the Senate chamber.

In QAnon chats captured by the fact-checking technology company Logically.AI and reviewed by NBC News, QAnon supporters drew hard lines shortly before the inauguration began and immediately felt embarrassed when the coup did not occur.

"God help us we're beyond ready. If nothing happens I will no longer believe in anything," one supporter said at the beginning of inauguration.

"We all just got played," another said moments later.

Logically.AI researcher Nick Backovic said that while it does appear that many QAnon followers are giving up after this last failed prophecy, he has seen white supremacist recruiters "raid" QAnon groups with the explicit goal of recruiting disillusioned and hopeless conspiracy theorists.

"There are lots of people feeling shocked, cheated and angry. As scary as that is on its own, it's the rest I'm most worried about," Backovic said. "We're seeing a lot of neo-Nazis preying on the potentially disenchanted Q people."

In the days after the Capitol riots, white supremacist groups expressly targeted "Parler refugees," or Trump fans who they believed could be radicalized after the conservative social media platform Parler was at least temporarily shut down and QAnon was banned from Twitter and Facebook.

"Focus less on trying to red pill [or recruit] them on WW2 and more on how to make them angrier about the election and the new Democrat regime," read a white supremacist recruitment message on Telegram. "Heighten their burning hatred of injustice."

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/s ... y-n1255002
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »