What becomes of Trump once he leaves office?

Gaybutton

Re: What becomes of Trump once he leaves office?

Post by Gaybutton »

I can't really say Trump is paranoid because paranoid means an unrealistic belief that everybody is against you. In Trump's case everybody - at least everybody with any sense - is against him.

Trump, instead of blaming everybody else, if you want to see who to blame all you need to do is look in a mirror. Once you step into dog shit, it's awfully hard to rub it off your shoe.

Lehigh University rescinds Trump's honorary degree after Capitol assault

By Sophie Lewis

January 9, 2021

Lehigh University has rescinded the honorary degree it awarded to President Donald Trump more than 30 years ago. The announcement came two days after the president encouraged a mob of his supporters who stormed the Capitol, and as lawmakers pushed for his ouster.

"In a special session Thursday of the Executive Committee of the Lehigh University Board of Trustees, the members voted to rescind and revoke the honorary degree granted to Donald J. Trump in 1988," Lehigh, a private university in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, announced in a brief statement Friday. "The full Board of Trustees affirmed the decision today."

A spokesperson for Lehigh told CBS News that the university has no further comment beyond the statement.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lehigh-uni ... l-assault/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

I just heard this on CNN and I love it. Forbes (prominent US business magazine/news service) has published an editorial warning all companies that if they hire any former Trump spokespeople, press people, etc. Forbes is going to automatically assume that anything they say is a lie. The companies are free to hire them, but should be aware that Forbes will not take seriously any information they might impart. Mean-spirited, perhaps, but not unreasonable.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Swing wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:56 am Mean-spirited, perhaps, but not unreasonable.
I don't think it is mean spirited at all. I think it makes perfect sense. The only exception I might make would be Sean Spicer, since he changed his ways after repudiating Trump's grip.

"Is America great again yet?"
- Stephen Colbert
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Giuliani hit with disbarment complaint, faces possible expulsion from New York lawyers association

By Shayna Jacobs

January 12, 2021

NEW YORK — The New York State Bar Association will consider expelling President Trump's personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, and a state lawmaker is seeking his disbarment after inflammatory comments during a rally preceding last week's deadly riot inside the U.S. Capitol.

Hours before the pro-Trump mob breached security and stormed the building, Giuliani encouraged the president’s loyalists to fight the election results “by combat.” Five people, including a Capitol Police officer, died during the attempted insurrection.

In a statement Monday, the bar association said it has received “hundreds of complaints in recent months” about the former New York mayor and his failed bid to help Trump overturn his loss to Joe Biden.

“Mr. Giuliani’s words quite clearly were intended to encourage Trump supporters unhappy with the election’s outcome to take matters into their own hands,” a spokeswoman for the group, Susan DeSantis, said in the statement. “Their subsequent attack on the Capitol was nothing short of an attempted coup, intended to prevent the peaceful transition of power.”

New York state Sen. Brad Hoylman, a Democrat who represents parts of Manhattan, filed a formal complaint to an appellate court related to “rampant and egregious violations of the Rules of Professional Conduct” and Giuliani’s “complicity” in inciting last week’s violence, he said in a statement.

Hoylman, who chairs the state Senate’s Judiciary Committee, argued that Giuliani’s advancement of election-related conspiracy theories “appears to have contributed to bloodshed in furtherance of the overthrow of our federal government.” Appellate courts in New York field and review complaints against lawyers that can lead to punitive action.

It’s unclear when the court may consider Hoylman’s complaint.

An attorney for Giuliani, who subsequently condemned the violence while maintaining that his voter-fraud claims are real, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Speaking to a charged crowd of thousands near the White House on Wednesday, Giuliani said: “If we’re wrong, we will be made fools of, but if we’re right, a lot of them will go to jail. So let’s have trial by combat!”

Trump, aided by Giuliani and other allies, has gone to extraordinary lengths to convince his supporters that Biden is not the election’s rightful winner because the contest was marred by widespread fraud. They have produced no viable evidence to support their claims, drawing resistance from elections officials in key battleground states and losing dozens of court cases.

A former Manhattan U.S. attorney before his largely heralded turn as mayor, Giuliani has been a member of the New York State Bar Association for at least a decade. The organization’s bylaws require that no member can advocate “the overthrow of the government,” according to the statement.

Giuliani will be given an opportunity to challenge his removal if the association elects to move forward, the organization said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Well, I guess Giuliani will have to make another trip to Jiffy Lube to get his hair recolored.

I imagine he'll have another really convincing conspiracy theory concocted for his court appearance. I can't wait to hear his defense. He really is a great story teller, and the characters he's creates are so fascinating.

I'm gonna miss him.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

In keeping with every cloud has a silver lining, now some of Trump's main banks are refusing to do any further business with him. And Trump is not going down alone. Several large corporations and PACs are not only refusing to have anything further to do with Trump, but also with all congressmen and senators who stood with Trump and voted to overturn the election. Several will refuse any further campaign donations to them and one even called on Josh Hawley to refund their donation. I hope the USA and the real powers-that- be within it - namely the money sources - oust every one of them and truly 'drain the swamp' and see to it that in the future they are really careful as to which candidates receive donations from them.

It took them long enough to wake up and do what they can to put an end to Trump and his sycophants, but at least they're finally doing it.

Who knows - maybe the USA won't even need Biden and Harris, Pelosi, Schiff, and Schumer to counter these people. Corporate America is starting to do it themselves.

"Gooood!"
- Gregory Peck (Dr. Mengele), 'The Boys from Brazil'
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:56 pm Who knows - maybe the USA won't even need Biden and Harris, Pelosi, Schiff, and Schumer to counter these people. Corporate America is starting to do it themselves.
Good point!

The Republicans lit the match to their own fire and will just have to fry for a while (possibly decades) as penalty for their own ignorance, failure to protect democracy, and self-serving ways.

I was on the phone with my daughter this morning who's concerned about the potential for more violence in the U.S. I assured her that the security that's being put in place in DC, as well as around the State capitols, will be more than sufficient to keep the Extremists from hurting anyone else. They may get hurt themselves (and probably will), but innocent people will be safe. I also reminded her that at 12 noon on Jan 20, Biden becomes the Commander & Chief of the largest and most powerful military force on the planet, so any continued efforts by these radical extremist groups to destroy the government would certainly be handled effectively.

Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe it's time for the FBI to start arresting and incarcerating the leaders of the extremist groups on a broader scale just to send a clear message, and weaken them in the process. I was reading where there's over 600 of these radical antigovernment extremist groups in America - spinning far-flung and baseless conspiracy theories, all aimed at starting a revolution against the government.. They should all be snuffed out. Especially the ones supported with armed militia's. Classifying them all as "Domestic Terrorists" was a good start last week.

In the mean time, Twitterless Trump is sitting on "death row"...sinking in quick sand...fuming with anger...tormented with thoughts of vengeance, and the realization of him becoming the "Ultimate Loser". It will only get better than this when they throw him in prison