Time for a poll - Who's going to win the USA Presidential election?

Who do you think will win the USA Presidential election?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:33 pm

1. Biden
64%
2. Trump
36%
3. A third party candidate
No votes
4. A write-in candidate
No votes
5. It will be a tie
No votes
6. Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes: 14

Dodger

Re: Time for a poll - Who's going to win the USA Presidential election?

Post by Dodger »

Trumps Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows, was just diagnosed with Corona.

Meadows has apparently been in close contact with everyone on the West Wing of the White House over the past few weeks, including campaign managers, advisors, and even Trump family members. Meadows, as well as the others in-and-around the White House, rarely, if ever, wear face masks. It serves them right, and it couldn't have happened at a better time.

The announcement that Biden will become the new President should come soon. Just a few more Pennsylvania votes to count which would put him at 270.

If Biden were to win the other remaining 4 States, which he's also leading, he would hit 306 electoral votes, which, ironically, is exactly what Trump hit in 2016. Trump went on to repeatedly classify his 2016 victory as a "Landslide", even when he lost he popular vote. Wouldn't you just love it if the Biden Team and the Press classified this Biden victory the same way (Landslide). Even Trump would be tongue-tied. On second thought, his loose tongue would be flapping even more.

You just gotta luv it.

Go Biden!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:13 pm You just gotta luv it.

Go Biden!
I would love to be there to see Trump's face the moment he finally realizes there is nothing more he can try, it's over, and he's lost.

Ready for all the sore loser bitching, moaning, foot stomping, accusations and everybody's fault but his own that will follow, although it will be hard to tell any difference between that and what he has always done? The behavior of a totally immature spoiled brat.

Now I'm hoping arrest warrants are already in the works. I wonder if he can pardon himself if the charge is treason. And I wonder how much support he'll get from Bill Barr once Trump is no longer useful to him. The senate wouldn't convict him when he was impeached. Maybe we'll get to see if a jury will.

HOWEVER - Before we celebrate too much, let's not forget the electoral college. That will be Trump's next step. Don't forget, the electors can vote for anyone they want. There is no constitutional obligation to vote the way their states voted. It doesn't even have to be Trump or Biden. They can vote for any eligible American citizen. They can vote for the local garbage collector if they want to.

Several Republicans are already saying they are going to try to manipulate the electors to vote for Trump instead of Biden. And if enough of them do, Trump will be the president. I hope none of the electors would do such a thing, but it is possible. And if they do, there won't be a thing we can do about it. This is where "It ain't over 'till it's over" comes in. The electoral college vote takes place Wednesday, January 6, 2021. That's when we will know for sure. And you can bet Trump is going to try everything he can do to get the vote to go his way, regardless of the election results.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:28 pm Several Republicans are already saying they are going to try to manipulate the electors to vote for Trump instead of Biden. And if enough of them do, Trump will be the president.
The way this convoluted election process works, the State Electors have to first have their state recommendations approved and certified by Congress. If one or more electors provide state reports which directly conflict with the tabulated State election results (votes), Congress could, and most likely would, not approve the elector(s) report(s). After gaining Congressional approval, Congress certifies the results, and then forwards the congressional certificate, along with a consolidated national summary report, to the Senate. The Senate reviews and approves the congressional report - which is then distributed to the powers-to-be and the U.S. National Archives. This transaction always takes place on January 9th. End of process.

An incumbent President attempting to steal an election after he/she has clearly lost is unprecedented in U.S. history, and the Election System, under the strain of Trump's lawyers, will get tested for sure, but the odds of the State Electors and/or Senate overturning the will-of-the-people has about the same odds as a whale jumping out of the bay when I'm riding my motorbike along the coast and flattening me. Yes, anything's possible, but, as legal scholars are saying, this Trump charade is nothing more than frivolous nonsense, which, if anything, makes him look worse than he already appears - if that's even possible.

Both Bush and Trump passed the Senate's scrutiny and became Presidents after both losing the popular vote. The fact that they won the Electoral votes, and only lost the popular votes by small margins, satisfied the Senate in both cases. In this current scenario, Biden, if he should win, will have done so by winning both the electoral vote and the popular vote by approximately 5 million votes. The icing on the cake being he has also set a historical record by receiving more votes than any other presidential candidate in U.S. History - rendering him as "Untouchable". These results are indisputable, coupled with the fact that Trump, in applying all his political genius, decided to tell the whole world that he fully intended on trying to steal the election if he lost, even before the election began. Go figure!

I know a lot of people are be worried about what Trump will do after he loses the election, and have very valid reasons for feeling this way, but I'm not one of them.

Go Biden!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:52 pm The icing on the cake being he has also set a historical record by receiving more votes than any other presidential candidate in U.S. History
He is to be congratulated indeed. Not to detract from that, but there is also a much larger population than ever before too, notwithstanding that Trump has managed to kill over 225,000 of them - so far. And yes, I do directly blame Trump with his don't bother wearing a mask, with his science denial, and his ridiculing medical experts. He claims to have the pandemic well in hand. That's true provided the hand belongs to the Grim Reaper.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Loyal Trump outlets cry betrayal after Fox News calls election for Biden

From The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... wing-media
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Joe Biden has just been elected by the people as the 46th President of the United States.

I've never felt prouder to be an American than I do right now. Tyranny has been defeated...the soul of America has been reinstated...and America is now positioned to wear the hat of the greatest nation on earth again.

Biden just delivered the most moving speech of his life-long career at his Address to the Nation in Wilmington, Delaware. To listen to someone speak with such devotion, honesty, and integrity, after the nightmare we've been forced to endure this past 4 years, is rejuvenating to say the least.

Votes are still being counted in the remaining States, but Biden is predicted to boost his current 273 electoral votes to over 300 after all votes are counted. He has won a decisive victory with more than 4 million popular votes over his rival (I don't even want to mention that name again).

Now the work begins.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:22 am Biden is predicted to boost his current 273 electoral votes to over 300 after all votes are counted.
Which means at least 31 electors would have to vote against their state and change their vote to Trump for Trump to be reelected. Sorry Trump, not gonna happen . . .

Ok, now I am closing this topic. Please post now on the "President Joe Biden" topic: https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10538