the most promising vaccine goes to human trial this week

Gaybutton

Re: the most promising vaccine goes to human trial this week

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:17 am criminal Democrats who oppose any authorization before elections.
Which "criminal Democrats" are you talking about and what did they actually say or do? I would also like to know your sources. I don't recall anything that supports your statement.
gera

Post by gera »

With the exception of the future de facto President who said that she does not trust "Trump vaccine" you will hardly find any explicit statement from any politician citing elections as a cause of vaccine delay. Indeed, it would a political suicide to do so. However, it is a fact that several most promising vaccine were delayed one way or another. On the other thread you attributed this delay to Trump. You are entitled to your opinion however absurd it is.

On the contrary, this is Democrats who are obviously do not want authorization of any vaccine or drug, before elections because it would give Trump a trump card at the level of usual "October surprise". A number of other reasons was given for vaccine delays. The most nonsensical ( implemented by FDA) is that any vaccine developer should wait two months after half of participants of the final stage trial get the last shot. J and J trial was paused. Oxford vaccine trial was stopped in US. Innovio and Novavax vaccines did not get approval so far for the third stage of clinical trials in US.Lilly antibody drug trial was paused in US. Most of similar trials continue elsewhere including UK. For people who just blindly hate Trump and do not want to face a grim reality of criminal interference of politicians who are willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of American lives to achieve their shitty political goals , it does not matter of course.

You are the boss here but I personally would prefer not to politisize this thread. We all going to stick to our guns and political discussions are worthless IMHO.
Jun

Post by Jun »

1 No genuinely democratic nation with proper process has authorized a covid vaccine yet.
2 As far as I know, no western pharma company has submitted results for approval. [There might be a couple before the end of 2020]
3 Also, considering the time taken for adverse effects to take hold, it's quite normal to wait a while after vaccination before evaluating the results. If anything, the missed opportunity was not having larger sample sizes earlier on in the process.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:43 am You are the boss here
That's the one thing you got right.

Let's see, my opinions are absurd. You don't want to politicize this topic despite being the one who keeps doing that along with being first to post a statement politicizing the topic: https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic ... 53#p102853

You wrote, "criminal Democrats who oppose any authorization before elections" and I asked you which Democrats are doing that and asked your source(s) of information. What I got was an evasive response without any substantiation at all and no sources, but did get an answer with your reference to Kamala Harris, who had nothing whatsoever to do with a vaccine.

Are you intentionally trying to destroy your own credibility?

Ok, gera. Your turn. Don't forget to post your opinions as if they are facts and for heaven's sake don't forget to write in all-caps . . .
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

gera wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:43 am I personally would prefer not to politisize this thread.
You politicized this thread just as Trump did to the government's coronavirus response. It was he who attempted and succeeded to a certain extent manipulating the dialog from the CDC, FDA and the WH Task Force (remember when Birx, Redfield and Fauci and other scientists were featured daily instead of Trump's one man circus). He has lied repeatedly about the virus and "no" every American cannot be vaccinated by the end of the year just like virus would just "fade away". I'm with Harris, if the vaccine has been scientifically tested with no Trump shortcuts and blessed by FDA and Fauci with a high efficacy rate then and only then will the public have the confidence to be vaccinated.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Suppose a provable, effective, reliable vaccine becomes available. My guess is that won't mean Thailand will open up to tourists who can prove they received the vaccine. I believe regarding tourism proof of vaccination will only be added to the existing list of requirements to enter Thailand.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:41 am Suppose a provable, effective, reliable vaccine becomes available. My guess is that won't mean Thailand will open up to tourists who can prove they received the vaccine.
Under the current regime, with the current mindset, I suspect your guess is correct. However, economic repression will lead to some push back from the population.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:18 pm economic repression will lead to some push back from the population.
Maybe, but so far any such push back has fallen on mainly deaf ears. For months the tourism industry has been crying out for relaxing the rules, but so far the only result has been the STV. Thailand is even making it difficult for foreigners already in Thailand on tourist visas to extend them. You figure out the logic of that one. I can't. Unless something changes by October 30, which at the time of this post is less than 7 hours away, the deadline for renewing those visas will pass and there is no word about extending the amnesty yet again.

At the present time I see no reason to think that is going to change within the foreseeable future. Everything I'm reading about tourism focuses on domestic tourism. The only exception I'm seeing is the STV. I see virtually nothing about Thailand opening anything even resembling normal international tourism, which is the reason for my guess in my last post above. Based on everything I'm reading, I just don't see anything to indicate much of anything changing until Covid-19 passes into forgotten history.