the most promising vaccine goes to human trial this week

Jun

Re: the most promising vaccine goes to human trial this week

Post by Jun »

gera wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:27 pm Europe starts rolling review of Oxford vaccine.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -in-europe
It means that European regulators will start checking real time data of phase 3 clinical trials to compare infections in vaccinated and placebo cases.
Well that's good news. I think it would make sense to combine a rolling review with a rolling expansion of the trial as well.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:27 pm WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA?
That can be answered in one word: Trump
gera

Post by gera »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:41 pm
gera wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:27 pm WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA?
That can be answered in one word: Trump
Except for it is not in Trump interests to sabotage the development of vaccines. He was the one who initiated Warp Speed and invested 10 billion Dollars in their development.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:10 pm Except for it is not in Trump interests to sabotage the development of vaccines.
It is very much in Trump's interest. Trump wants to be reelected. I don't believe for one second that he has any interest in the welfare of the United States. I believe Trump is interested in only one thing - Trump.

If Trump is not reelected, he is likely to face multiple criminal charges upon leaving office. If he wins, then by the time he leaves office the statutes of limitations will have expired for much of it.

I think Trump wants to announce a vaccine shortly before the election to try to make himself look good and try to take as much credit for it as he can get away with. That is why he wants to suppress and vaccines now. It's too soon to benefit Trump.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

gera wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:27 pm Europe starts rolling review of Oxford vaccine.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -in-europe
It means that European regulators will start checking real time data of phase 3 clinical trials to compare infections in vaccinated and placebo cases.
This procedure is indicative of imminent emergency authorization provided the data warrants it. It should be compared with US situation where the clinical trials of the vaccine are halted. Does anybody believe that EU would consider the authorization if there was a real danger of severe side effects?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA?
This is the latest info I could find....
https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/ar ... ne-sources
gera

Post by gera »

GB,
I hope you will be able to spend several minutes and read the article below. It is not Trump who is delaying the vaccine. When it comes to questions of life and death(and this is a dilemma for some of us with preconditions face right now in America) I follow the facts not propaganda and I intend to continue to do so. Better safe than sorry.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coronavi ... 24717.html
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

gera wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:29 am It is not Trump who is delaying the vaccine.
The question is not delaying the vaccine but taking shortcuts so people will not have confidence in taking it..... "With President Donald Trump aggressively pushing for a viable candidate before Election Day,"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:29 am It is not Trump who is delaying the vaccine.
I disagree. I think that is exactly what Trump is doing, not directly but trying to influence pressure to benefit himself and the election.
gera

Post by gera »

Up2u wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:47 am
The question is not delaying the vaccine but taking shortcuts so people will not have confidence in taking it..... "With President Donald Trump aggressively pushing for a viable candidate before Election Day,"
There are no shortcuts in the current development of vaccines. The efficacy of the vaccines can be reasonably estimated after the end of clinical trials. There are always risks of possible side effects. That is why it is not unusual to wait 10 years before a vaccine approval. And , of course, it is not known for how long the protection will last until verified experimentally. Emergency authorization would allow to vaccinate several hundred thousands people almost immediately. That would reveal possible side effects with higher probability. And if the outcome is that the vaccine protect 80 percent of vulnerable population with several hundreds (overall!) severe cases of side effects , I will take such an outcome any time (and get vaccinated myself).
When Pamela Harris is saying that she does not trust "Trump vaccine" , it only shows how stupid she is (Trump is not in the business of making vaccines for the God sake).