DollaR Outlook...Not Good!

Undaunted

DollaR Outlook...Not Good!

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Re: DollaR Outlook...Not Good!

Post by Up2u »

Well the THB vs USD is what we care about. The presumption that the recent risk aversion mentality will not be be short-lived which is contrary to my view. The IMF just warned of global economic recession (if not a depression) and the dollar historically has been a safe haven. I guess we'll find out.
Jun

Re: DollaR Outlook...Not Good!

Post by Jun »

Up2u wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:36 pm Well the THB vs USD is what we care about. The presumption that the recent risk aversion mentality will not be be short-lived which is contrary to my view. The IMF just warned of global economic recession (if not a depression) and the dollar historically has been a safe haven. I guess we'll find out.
1 Some members also care about other currencies.

2 In recent history, the dollar has been the safe haven, as the current global reserve currency. Previous reserve currencies include the pound, the guilder and possibly even the Spanish peso before that.

What we're heading for here is mass "printing" of many currencies, at least for countries which still have the entitlement to print their national currency.
Trying to predict where this ends up is rather difficult, but as far as possible, diversifying and desensitizing ourselves to exchange rate risk makes sense to me.