Trump Suspends Travel

Undaunted

Trump Suspends Travel

Post by Undaunted »

Trump Suspends Travel between U.S. and Europe for 30 days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/worl ... -news.html
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Re: Trump Suspends Travel

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted post_id=99865 time=1583976375 user_id=37303]

Trump Suspends Travel between U.S. and Europe for 30 days.

5 days after he told the nation that the virus wasn't that serious and would go away soon... :lol:

I guess the stock markets crashing got him scratching his empty head.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

The European countries have a known problem with the virus.

The USA has no clue how severe its own problem is, as they cannot or choose not to get their act together with testing. Almost like there's an autocratic leader trying to cover it up. Given time, such a strategy should fail in a nation with independent media.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

The Blame should be shared by the Morons who voted for him and then stood up for the idiot when any rational human being could see what a useless piece of crap he is!!!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:18 pm any rational human being could see what a useless piece of crap he is!!!
The frightening part is so many of these people still don't see it - or refuse to see it. And many, despite the fact they know he's a liar and know he's incompetent, still staunchly support him. WHY?

That kind of thinking has already been on my "I Don't Get It" list for a long time.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:29 pm The frightening part is so many of these people still don't see it - or refuse to see it. And many, despite the fact they know he's a liar and know he's incompetent, still staunchly support him. WHY?

That kind of thinking has already been on my "I Don't Get It" list for a long time.
Many people seem to stick to a position and if they have been telling people their views, they are even less likely to change that opinion.

I try to train myself not to do that, as I control my own investments and sticking to a position in view of new contrary evidence or my improved understanding can be an expensive mistake. Of course this is not perfect.

I suspect Trump is in the process of badly screwing up the US response to COVID and presume the free press will identify this in time.
OK, according to the data he's done the right thing by stopping EU travel.
However, due to the testing farce, we cannot trust US data and have no idea about the severity of the US outbreak.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 pm we cannot trust US data and have no idea about the severity of the US outbreak.
Or China.

Trump's handling of this reminds me of a protest chant against Lyndon Johnson during the Vietnam war:

Hey Hey, Donald J, how many more did you kill today?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »