Free movies from YouTube

2lz2p

Free movies from YouTube

Post by 2lz2p »

A while back I was viewing some YouTube videos and in the side panel where they list videos you might be interested in, was a full length movie - I clicked on it, noting it was good quality - I didn't have time or inclination to watch of it at that moment, so I downloaded it to my hard drive - that resulted in many more movies showing up in the side panel when I went to YouTube - scrolling through them, there were many that interested me since I had searched for them on my Android TV box but couldn't find an app that has a stream available. So, over time I downloaded a few more -- still haven't watched them as I prefer to watch movies on my big screen TV rather than on my computer (spend enough time in front of it as it is).

The other day, it suddenly dawned on me that I have the YouTube app on my Samsung big screen "smart" (connects to Internet) TV -- so I opened the app and typed in one of the shows I wanted to watch - a TV miniseries from 1984 - and there it was - clicked on it and it streamed with excellent quality and no buffering issues. Also, using my TV remote's "pause" and "play" buttons worked great -- once I completed part I, it showed Part II as next, which I played, and so on --- another feature I liked was if I paused and left the YouTube App, when I returned later to the App - it was right where I left off.

Just passing this on for folks that may be interested and not aware they can view these movies on YouTube on their computer or smart TV if they have one. I also did some Googling and learned that if I just want to search through the movies available, it is easy to bring them up -- click on the YouTube Search Icon (spyglass) and type in "movies free" -- you can also type in "movies" which will get both free and pay for view movies that are available. There are also some Gay movies including some Asian - many with English subtitles. Note - many will show "Full" in the title or the total video time - something to note as there are also a lot of snippets & trailers.

I mentioned this a couple days ago to my brother in USA - who wrote back asking "how to" as he also was not aware that full movies are available for free and has a Samsung smart TV -- so, I prepared and sent him the following photo to explain the how to -- although this relates to Samsung TV, other smart TVs probably have the same features on their remote. NOTE: On a few occasions (very few) the movie was interrupted by an ad - lasted only a few seconds - the time is shown in an icon at the bottom right of screen and as soon as it shows "skip ad", click the ok button and back to the movie - a small inconvenience IMO for watching some good movies for free.

Dodger

Re: Free movies from YouTube

Post by Dodger »

2lz2p post_id=99461 time=1582167519 user_id=122]

... still haven't watched them as I prefer to watch movies on my big screen TV rather than on my computer (spend enough time in front of it as it is).
In case you're not aware, you can purchase a "digital video cable" which connects your PC directly to your TV, and watch all the free movies you want on-line versus having to download anything. Just make sure your TV has a HTML input on the back panel. Almost all TV's have them now. Anything you can watch on your PC, you could then view on your wide screen TV. They sell these at Tukcom Soi Day/Night Pattaya for about 280 baht for one that's 5 meters long.

Yes, with a smart TV you can view free movies as well, but would need to hookup to your PC if you ever wanted to view on-line XXX movies on your wide screen. Always a nice option.
Gaybutton

Re: Free movies from YouTube

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:20 pm Just make sure your TV has a HTML input on the back panel.
Don't you mean HDMI?