Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Up2u

Re: Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Post by Up2u »

After the South Carolina primary first Steyer and now Buttigieg have dropped out. After super Tuesday hopefully Warren, Klobucar and Bloomberg will do likewise, the only way to derail Sanders.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/politics ... index.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:45 am the only way to derail Sanders.
It certainly looks as if it's going to be between Biden and Sanders. If they can beat Trump, I'll be happy with either one of them.

I don't think we've seen the last of Mayor Pete. I think he'll wind up in a much higher level position than mayor and don't be surprised if he's back for the 2024 election.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:21 am
Up2u wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:45 am the only way to derail Sanders.
It certainly looks as if it's going to be between Biden and Sanders. If they can beat Trump, I'll be happy with either one of them.
Trump and Putin would be thrilled to see Bernie as the Democratic candidate as it would assure another win for Trump :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 am Trump and Putin would be thrilled to see Bernie as the Democratic candidate as it would assure another win for Trump
Not only a win for Trump but all those down ticket Blue wave Democrats that won the suburbs in 2016 will be history. No gains in the Senate. Trump appoints the next SC justices. Sound bleak?.... it is. Sanders will be defending his ideology, defending comments on Cuba, why he went to Soviet Russia in 1988, and the real problems facing Americans will take a backseat.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:42 am Klobucar out, Buttigieg and Klobucar to announce support for Biden tonight.
It looks like Biden is going to be the Democrat nominee, which is fine with me if he can beat Trump. I'd vote for a dead cassowary before I'd vote for Trump.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:05 am
Up2u wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:42 am Klobucar out, Buttigieg and Klobucar to announce support for Biden tonight.
It looks like Biden is going to be the Democrat nominee, which is fine with me if he can beat Trump. I'd vote for a dead cassowary before I'd vote for Trump.
Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion, going in to Super Tuesday Sanders leads in most polls and the big states of California and Texas. This why the moderates are rallying around Biden but it might be too late.
Trump fears Biden and that's why he got impeached.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Interesting discussion of the 2020 elections.

I am not American, but I lived in the US for many years and follow American politics closely. If I were American, I would support Sanders or Warren. Only they seem to be concerned about the terrible income inequality in the US. Moreover, much of what they propose -- universal healthcare for all; relatively cheap, or free, public university education-- are not so radical by European standards.

But I would wish that Sanders could be stronger on gun control....
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

After the Super Tuesday upset right in Sanders stomping grounds, it looks like Biden has a very good chance at becoming the nominee.

I mentioned before that I didn't prefer any of the candidates, because I don't, but I see Biden as having at least a modest chance at beating Trump, and that's all I'm really concerned with at this juncture. Sanders looks like he has one foot on a banana peel and the other in a grave, and the others are so boring that I fall asleep before they can even finish a sentence.

Biden has to take the gloves off and have a stick of dynamite up his ass if he goes against The Donald. Not only will he have to defeat the idiot, but he'll have to manage the Revolution that The Donald will inevitably try to ignite if he's defeated. And with the support of The Donald's base, i.e., the KKK, American Nazi's, skin-head ex-convicts, red-necks from Alabama, and Russian Oligarch's, that could be a real challenge.