Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Dodger

Re: Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Post by Dodger »

Biden just won Florida, Illinois and Arizona.

Sanders...and I wish him the best, is now history.

With the coronavirus in full swing, the challenge now is getting the voters out to the polls.

GO BIDEN!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:52 pm GO BIDEN!
Now is the time for Bernie to forget about his ego and back Biden to get rid of Trump.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:21 pm Now is the time for Bernie to forget about his ego and back Biden to get rid of Trump.
I think he will. He plainly said the most important thing is to defeat Trump. I hope all the Democrat notables will come out swinging in an effort to defeat Trump. Wouldn't it be great if they not only defeat Trump, but defeat him by a landslide?

Another 4 years of Trump is too horrible a prospect to contemplate. Hopefully the plunging economy and the Corona virus, along with all his other bullshit will be enough to get rid of him - and Mitch McConnell too.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:40 pm Wouldn't it be great if they not only defeat Trump, but defeat him by a landslide?
Yes indeed, but I can already hear him..."It's fake news...a hoax...it was rigged...I'm not leaving the oval office until there's a full investigation...my followers should stand up and be heard...I have so much dirt on them...I'll bury them...blah, blah, blah". His wife would finally have the opportunity to slap his face and pack her bags, and all those chicken shit Republican Senators like Lindsay Graham could start rushing to the microphones to tell everyone how they really didn't like him either.

Yes, if that were to happen, it would be better than Christmas. There could even be a Global Holiday enacted so everyone feels welcome in the celebrations.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:33 pm Yes, if that were to happen, it would be better than Christmas.
If the Republican voters would only open their eyes and see the light about Trump, that certainly could happen.

Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

What do you think: Cuomo 2020? Maybe if you're not currently in the US you aren't aware of how NY governor Andrew Cuomo has become the de facto leader of the fight against the coronavirus. His daily briefings have become must-watch TV. Given the vacuum of leadership in the White House, and the falsehoods and fantasies put forth by you-know-who, Cuomo has become the figure many are turning to for true leadership, for factual information, for meaningful action. As Dr. Anthony Fauci has become the credible and trusted scientific voice, Cuomo has become the political equivalent. He's abrasive and unlikable, but he's been doing what needs to be done. Biden hasn't done anything wrong, but, through no fault of his own, he's been pushed to the sidelines. If the crisis continues into the summer, I think it's possible that the Democratic party, and the nation, turn their weary eyes to Cuomo as the one we really need as president. The remaining primaries have been postponed and plans for the convention are up in the air, so I think it's technically possible for Cuomo to become the nominee. Biden might even withdraw. What do you think: is Cuomo the proverbial Man-On-Horseback we dream of?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Swing wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:01 am What do you think: is Cuomo the proverbial Man-On-Horseback we dream of?
I don't care whether it will be Biden, Cuomo, or someone else as long as it is someone who can beat Trump. Beating Trump is the first priority for me. If the country rallies around Cuomo, fine with me.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Captain Swing wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:01 am is Cuomo the proverbial Man-On-Horseback we dream of?
Isn't it too late for someone else to throw their hat in the ring at this juncture? This is more of a question than a statement.

Also, is your remark that "Biden might even withdraw" based on something that you read somewhere, or just an opinion?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:34 am Isn't it too late for someone else to throw their hat in the ring at this juncture?.
No. RichLB explained that the delegates are committed to vote for whoever won delegates in the primaries. However, if the first ballot fails, now it is an open convention and the delegates can vote for whoever they wish. I think that's why when candidates drop their campaign, they always say they are suspending, not ending, their campaign, just in case there is a chance for them at the convention.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Dodger wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:34 am Also, is your remark that "Biden might even withdraw" based on something that you read somewhere, or just an opinion?
It's not based on much--nothing concrete--but I did read it in a column somewhere. It was just the author's opinion, or wishful thinking.. I do think it's conceivable, but there's nothing specific to back it up, at this point.