Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Captain Kirk

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Captain Kirk » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:27 am

Up2u wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:23 am
Captain Kirk wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:46 pm
I'm hearing Hillary might run again. You think it's likely? Farcical if it is. Would just show how desperate she is get the title.
And what little birdie tweeted this to you?
Maybe jumped the gun a bit with it. I have links to UK newspaper websites on my laptop and the headlines pop up on my screen when the stories come in. I saw the headline "Hillary WILL stand in 2020 election" but didn't read the story. Turns out it's just an opinion from Steve Bannon based on her being in the media a lot recently. He reckons Biden will be sacrificed in the mess with Trump and the Dems may throw their weight behind HC. Just Bannon's musings rather than anything else.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 pm

Former President Jimmy Carter has some excellent advice for Trump. "Tell the truth . . . . . for a change."

Of course, does anyone actually expect Trump to follow that advice?

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:22 am

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:54 am

This just keeps getting better and better. The two Giuliani associates who were just arrested on charges of orchestrating illegal contributions to the Trump campaign are Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman.

Trump denies knowing them. Really? Here's a photo of Trump with Igor Fruman:

And Giuliani is Trump's personal lawyer. I guess Trump can't consult his other personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, since Cohen is already in prison. And let's not forget Mr. Manafort. Giuliani himself may be in serious trouble over this too. Who will become Trump's next personal lawyer if Giuliani ends up fired or in prison himself? Does Giuliani think Trump would hesitate for a second to stab him in the back if it suits his purposes?

What lawyer would even want to work for Trump? I wonder if they have noticed how many people who worked for Trump ended up discredited, fired, in jail, or their lives simply turned to shit. Maybe all those positions Trump never even bothered to fill is a good thing. I can't help but wonder what probably would have happened to anyone who might have filled those vacant positions.

Sorry, Mr. President, but maybe you are familiar with that old saying: "Too many crooks, spoil the pot . . ."

The corruption that took place during Richard Nixon's administration pales in comparison to what is, and has been, going on in the Trump administration even before Trump ever took office.

We have a blatant criminal in the White House and the Republicans want to prevent steps to throw him out of office? I hope every one of them get voted out of office for supporting this corrupt mentally ill maniac. For sure, none of them would ever get my vote. When it comes to people in positions of making our laws and upholding the Constitution, why do I think maybe the country can do better . . . ?

"And made my life excrement for having walked with them."
- Burt Lancaster (Ernst Janning), 'Judgment at Nuremberg'

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:38 pm

In my post above I wrote, "Does Giuliani think Trump would hesitate for a second to stab him in the back if it suits his purposes?"

Trump was asked if Giuliani is still his attorney. Trump's response: "I don't know."

There are other indications Trump is starting to try to distance himself from Giuliani. If offered a job, anybody want to work for Trump . . . ?

Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:04 am

Gaybutton wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:38 pm
If offered a job, anybody want to work for Trump . . . ?
I'll ask what they would - How much?

Jun

Post by Jun » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:48 am

Captain Kirk wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:04 am
I'll ask what they would - How much?
Yes, as long as the pay is high enough and maybe the fees for the book afterwards ?

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:41 pm