What becomes of Trump once he leaves office?

RichLB

Re: What becomes of Trump once he leaves office?

Post by RichLB »

CNN just announced that YouTube has acted to remove Trump from its service.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:57 am
Especially the ones supported with armed militia's. Classifying them all as "Domestic Terrorists" was a good start last week.
I hope the time is coming soon when people realize the Second Amendment begins with the words, "A well regulated militia . . ." Armed groups ready to overthrow the government by force, including hurting and killing people, is not "well regulated" by any stretch of the imagination. It's nothing more than a lawless mob. I don't see why that can't be brought under control without having to change the Second Amendment in any way.

The part about "the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed" also needs to be re-interpreted since it says nothing about what kind of arms. If nothing else, limit the types of arms to the kinds that existed when the amendment came into effect - in 1791. Why do I think James Madison, the author of the Second Amendment, along with the Congress and states that ratified it, never expected it to be twisted into what is has become today? Somehow I doubt it ever occurred to them that the right to bear arms would come to mean that guns can be owned by people perfectly willing to rob and murder each other along with being used to attempt an armed, violent, mob insurrection against their own government. But that is what it has come to mean.

If the Second Amendment needs a change, perhaps it should be worded to say, "A well regulated militia, with the exception of being regulated in any way, shape, or form by Donald Trump . . ."

Bob

Post by Bob »

Can only hope....

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

"America is a nation of laws." That's right, Mr. Trump. Maybe you ought to consider obeying some of them.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Well, Twitterless Trump was just awarded a Second Impeachment for his outstanding efforts at fucking up the government...making him the first President in U.S. history to accomplish this seemingly impossible feat.

He launched a well-scripted video on Fox yesterday telling his supporters to clam down and behave, all in an attempt to stop Republicans from voting to impeach him in the House, which of course backfired on him a few hours later when 10 Republicans joined ranks with House Democrats and tossed their hats into the "let's burn Trump fire". (see GB's video above)

Boy oh boy, when a guy like this loses, he certainly loses BIG. Loses the election, loses his job, loses his political allies, loses a big chuck of his supporters, loses huge corporate financial contributors, loses his banks, loses his golf tournaments, loses foreign allies, may lose his home in Mar-a-lago (neighbors don't want him there,,,gee. I wonder why?)), and my 6 year old granddaughter has more online media privilege's right now than he does. She can twitter her friends this morning...Trump can't, and he's the fucking President of the United States for Christ's sake.

If this is The Art of the Deal, I'd hate to see if he really lost.

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Just Funny Stuff...but oh so true!

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:06 pm
Just Funny Stuff...but oh so true!
I particularly like the part where the Shaman's mommy explains that he gets very sick if he doesn't eat organic food. Well, maybe he should have thought of that before he traveling to Washington, D.C. to commit felonies. I guess he'll just have to be sick for the next 10-20 years.

One good thing - as a result of all this a lot of nut cases are going to be locked up for a long time. Good. Let them support Trump all they want from federal prison. Who knows, maybe their exalted Trump will end up right there with them. I hope so. That way they can all spend years together complaining how the election was rigged and stolen.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »