Long weekend in Abu Dhabi

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
maump

Re: Long weekend in Abu Dhabi

Post by maump »

Jun wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:12 pm What are the prices like in Dubai ?
Prices in Dubai for food and housing are all over the spectrum. The citizens are rather wealthy. Many tourists come there who are extremely wealthy. They have some of the best hotels in the world and you can stay in the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world, or the manmade Palm island. They cater to and want the rich to come and live there. (more than one russian super yacht will be there) lodging will be higher in the high season (dec thru march). Almost as many banks as Colombia.

That being said, the workers are poorly paid and there is plenty of less expensive food and lodging. I rented a 1 bedroom service apartment (2020) for $30/night in the Dubai Marina (Generally High end area). And there is a full spectrum of western chain , pakistani, indian, fake chinese, Filipino food available for 5-8$ (almost 1 for 1 USD/Euro). the local currency is locked to the USD.

Sim chip was too much IMHO. Taxi was reasonable and Mass transit is available.

It is not nearly as cheap like SE Asia or south America.
Nelson1610

Post by Nelson1610 »

maump wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:16 pm UAE tests all workers (including me) for HIV on entry and have a low HIV percentage.
What about visitors? I'm assuming they are not tested.
maump

Post by maump »

No, tourists are not tested. I assume rich applicants for residency are not tested either. but the expat work force is tested and they are 90% of the population (9 million out of ~10 last I looked). migrant workers.

there are 3 men for every women. and they are horny.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

maump wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:42 am there are 3 men for every women. and they are horny.
Is gay sex prohibited there? If yes, what happens if you're caught? How do you manage to get boys to your hotel room? How do you go about meeting them?

If gay sex is prohibited, is it enforced or largely ignored?
Jun

Post by Jun »

maump wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:51 amALways wanted to top
Yet another reason why I'm not going there for holiday.
Gaybutton wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:06 amIs gay sex prohibited there? If yes, what happens if you're caught?
It's illegal. According to Wikipedia, punishments include death, life in prison, floggings, fines, deportation, chemical castration, forced psychological treatments, honor killings, vigilante executions, beatings, forced anal examinations, forced hormone injections, and torture.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:32 pm It's illegal. According to Wikipedia, punishments include death, life in prison, floggings, fines, deportation, chemical castration, forced psychological treatments, honor killings, vigilante executions, beatings, forced anal examinations, forced hormone injections, and torture.
I see. Other than that, what's the problem . . . ?
maump

Post by maump »

Jun wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:32 pm
maump wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:51 amALways wanted to top
Yet another reason why I'm not going there for holiday.
Well, that's just the Emirati citizens that responded to my ad, and i posted as a versatile daddy. The young men who responded to me had "fuck their white daddy fantasies" which I was happy to oblige them in. I was top plenty of times. But with a lot of horny straight men cruising the ads, there were a lot of tops.

I had no problem finding bottoms. mostly Filipinos which suited me fine. I prefer a smooth bottom to a hairy one.

Jun wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:32 pm
Gaybutton wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:06 amIs gay sex prohibited there? If yes, what happens if you're caught?
It's illegal. According to Wikipedia, punishments include death, life in prison, floggings, fines, deportation, chemical castration, forced psychological treatments, honor killings, vigilante executions, beatings, forced anal examinations, forced hormone injections, and torture.
I would not recommend fucking in a mall bathroom.... but I saw evidence in the desert highway bathrooms of action. and did pickup and top a Palestinian mall bathroom attendant. but not in the mall.

there is little/no record of enforcement of these laws...
maump

Post by maump »

maump

Post by maump »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:06 am
maump wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:42 am there are 3 men for every women. and they are horny.
Is gay sex prohibited there? If yes, what happens if you're caught? How do you manage to get boys to your hotel room? How do you go about meeting them?

If gay sex is prohibited, is it enforced or largely ignored?
It is largely ignored. if you are discreet. I was certainly more concerned than any of the more experienced men I picked up who largely seemed amused by my concerns about being caught.

It is not an open mecca for gay sex. my point was it is very available and no one is looking to make an issue. PDA of ANY kind straight or gay is frowned on, but there are no morality police of any kind. Emirati citizens are compliant religious Muslims , but not pious crazed zealots.
Jun

Post by Jun »

maump wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:31 pmIt is largely ignored. if you are discreet.
I don't doubt that.
Also, looking at who they buy their military hardware off, I don't think a US citizen would see any of the severe penalties anyway, even if he were caught with his trousers down.