Seoul Report

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Jun

Re: Seoul Report

Post by Jun »

Thanks for the report. I'm must visit Korea one day.

I'm not sure how old you are, but what's on offer in Seoul for the more mature gentleman who likes his partners to be a good deal cuter?

I know people in their do forties to hit it off with fit guys in their twenties & early thirties in saunas, but the odds seem to diminish with age.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

Yes Korea is different I grant you that and if you go as a tourist not expecting to much, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, The Bars are good for Cute Boy watching but uinless they think your loaded forget hooking up with them, as you can at Nab or Daves man Clubs, so if your over 55 and looking for a young handsome hunk for the night, as I was forget it, try Taiwan they are far more into the more mature guys, Korea are much more about having a Nice Trophy Guy on there arms.

Even in the Saunas I bet if your very mature, you want have many guys all over you as in Babylon, Bangkok, where I have to look in the mirror to see if there is money on my head or something different about me, with so many handsome guys interested in me like flys in Honey, this will not happen In Korea, May be Singapore or KL But not Korea. Yes but as a tourist like most big Cities it has its moments.
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

Jun wrote:Thanks for the report. I'm must visit Korea one day.

I'm not sure how old you are, but what's on offer in Seoul for the more mature gentleman who likes his partners to be a good deal cuter?

I know people in their do forties to hit it off with fit guys in their twenties & early thirties in saunas, but the odds seem to diminish with age.
I'm in my 50s and I never yet had a problem hooking up with guys in their 20s and 30s and 40s in saunas.
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

xiandarkthorne wrote:I'm in my 50s and I never yet had a problem hooking up with guys in their 20s and 30s and 40s in saunas.
Me too never, but then again you should try Korea then you'll see what ageism is all about. Unless of course you look very wealthy.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

xiandarkthorne wrote:I'm in my 50s and I never yet had a problem hooking up with guys in their 20s and 30s and 40s in saunas.
No surprise here! One only needs to look at your photo/avatar.
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

Thanks for the compliment, Undaunted, but it's not as if I haven't encountered ageism - even in my own home country. There will be ageism no matter where you go in the world, so I try my best not to contribute to it and make men older than me 'happy' whenever I can, too...oh dear! Is that why they call me a slut?
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I remember the Hamilton Hotel it was colonial style as all the other hotels were very contemporary. E Tae wan was known for knock off sneakers etc.
Jun

Post by Jun »

To be fair, I and many others here exercise ageism in our choice of date. So I can hardly criticise it.
What else would you call it when people go and off a 20 year old (paid), rather than sleeping with someone in their own age range (for free) ?

Actually, I find the chances of pulling a cute guy 10~20 years younger than me are generally higher with Asians. Perhaps Korea is an exception?
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

Actually, if there were such gogo guys available in LOS, I'd happily off a 50-year old one if he were in good shape. There's something to be said for experience...and truly exotic thrills!

Come to think of it, next time I'm in LOS, I really must try to find one...or at least try harder to hook up with Thai men closer to my own age.
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

I just wanted to add that all the four Thai men I contacted on GayRomeo (ages 45-55) said I was either too old for them or that they preferred farang.