Wanted: Guys like this in Pattaya (pic included)

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dimsumbear

Re: Wanted: Guys like this in Pattaya (pic included)

Post by Dimsumbear »

My deepest fear is to hop on the wrong bus. I know no pickup trucks would have benches and shades in the back except baht buses. I know there is only one route and as long as the direction is right I should be fine. Just a personal thing and I know it's quite irrational.

Motorbike taxi? I would rather walk 40mins...lol
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dimsumbear wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:35 pm Motorbike taxi? I would rather walk 40mins...lol
I don't think you need to be afraid of that either. I ride them frequently and so do thousands of others. Airplane crashes are more common than motorbike taxi accidents.

Give it a try for only a short ride. I think after that your fear will disappear.
Dimsumbear

Post by Dimsumbear »

@gaybutton thank you for taking the time to address my trochophobia (i.e. fear of baht buses) and motorcyclophobia. It is no wonder I needed 10 years to finally have the courage to come down to Pattaya. Being 15 stones plus does not go well with those little scooters, but a cute driver certainly helps
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dimsumbear wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:28 pm Being 15 stones plus does not go well with those little scooters
Yes it does. People much heavier than that ride the backs of those motorbikes all the time. Get over your fears and enjoy yourself.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dimsumbear

Post by Dimsumbear »

Jun

Post by Jun »

The only thing to remember with the baht bus is to try not to travel on the platform at the back. Those things have no structural integrity. I once saw one fold up when hit by a motorcycle and if a car runs into it, I suspect anyone standing on it isn't going to walk again.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:45 pm I suspect anyone standing on it isn't going to walk again.
If they're not going to walk again, maybe they can ride again - on the back of a baht bus . . .

Anyone notice anything about the photo Dimsumbear posted besides 7 on one motorbike? Not one of them is wearing a helmet. Of course I suppose anyone dumb enough to put 7 people on one motorbike probably isn't worrying very much about helmets.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

The boy in OP picture is my type. You (Dimsumbear) might want to have a look at online dating forum (for members only) on sawatdeenetwork forum, where we share pictures and details about particular boys.