Don’t Move to Thailand in 2019

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Don’t Move to Thailand in 2019

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger, Sea breeze is where one of the owners of the former Colonial Bar by Sunee spent his last days before boarding “the big mystery ship in the sky”.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

windwalker wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:33 am That place offers luxury care and not likely to be inexpensive, at all!
As soon as I saw your post I wrote to the facility to enquire about costs. They replied within an hour and the cost seems pretty reasonable to me -

Monthly rate (if staying six months or more): Bt. 49,000 (Garden Suites @ 36 sq. metres + 8 sq. metre terrace or 38 sq metres plus 15 sq. metre terrace).
This price includes all meals, daily maid service, nursing and care, electricity, internet, TV, laundry, including personal laundry; activities, weekly excursions and use of the resort's facilities. It does not include any necessary hospital visits, regular drugs and a few other items. There are also various extras including round the clock nursing care.

I was surprised. This seems more than reasonable to me.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Judging by the costs you quote, fountainhall, you are correct; they do seem reasonable.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Years ago a group of us discussed the idea of opening a senior care facility in Pattaya for gay seniors equipped with a small go go called “ Paddles”.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

windwalker wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:33 am That place offers luxury care and not likely to be inexpensive, at all!
Perhaps Fountainhall is thinking of Dok Kaew Gardens which is attached to McKean Hospital and is rather below the price range Dodger mentions if you do not need intensive care. It is, I believe, where Geezer stayed for a while.
https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/cityl ... and-thais/
Very highly regarded locally. Set in parkland.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

All I know about the one where my client's friend stays is that it is on an island in the middle of the Ping river just outside Chiang Mai.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

If and when such care is needed it would be nice if Thailand offered the other type of Youth in Asia :!:
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

fountainhall wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:23 pm I was surprised. This seems more than reasonable to me.
I know. I was surprised at the fee's these places charge myself, considering the quality of the care and luxurious surroundings. I started exploring this prior to my retirement just to tick it of my "to-do list". I just wanted to have a game plan for the future in the event that I did suffer a catastrophic medical incident and needed this type of support. leaving Thailand and returning home was never considered as an option.

Maybe, if and when the time comes, we should all move into the same place. With some of the personalities we have It would be like "One Flew Over the Cuckoo''s Nest", and that's without the electric shock treatment.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote: Maybe, if and when the time comes, we should all move into the same place. With some of the personalities we have It would be like "One Flew Over the Cuckoo''s Nest", and that's without the electric shock treatment.
All things considered I’ll opt for euthanasia.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:41 pm
Dodger wrote: Maybe, if and when the time comes, we should all move into the same place. With some of the personalities we have It would be like "One Flew Over the Cuckoo''s Nest", and that's without the electric shock treatment.
All things considered I’ll opt for euthanasia.
According to Thai Law, as long as you have your request for passive euthanasia included in your Living Will, you're good to go. (No pun intended).

According to Buddhist principals, any form of euthanasia is a violation of nature and considered unacceptable, so you may return in your next life as...lets' say...a ladyboy or something.