Baan Souy Resort @ Sansuk

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Baan Souy Resort @ Sansuk

Post by Undaunted »

It has been quite some time since I’ve heard anything about these places........Has anyone been there?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
gerefan

Re: Baan Souy Resort @ Sansuk

Post by gerefan »

I used to go to Sansuk regularly.
Nowadays it’s hardly worth the effort.
Even in high season there’s very few customers and hardly ever any Thais. Weekends are slightly better.
Not a patch on Babylon!

Sorry just re-read your question! If you are asking about the Sansuk Hotel, then I have no knowledge...
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

If you're asking about Baan Souy (??) on soi 15 Thappraya I stay there every now and then with the last time being a few months ago. On Agoda is called Baan Souy Resort but the sign now says Baan Souy Serviced Apartments. I know of three guys that live there full time, there could be more.

I like the rooms called "Pool Side King Bed". Running 2200B per night on Agoda for November. Large room, large shower stall, kitchenette, inside and outside seating. I think they're doing OK. Sometimes it's hard to get the rooms I like as they're booked out in advance. There's a loyal following of regular customers. The pool is very nice and deeper than most hotel pools. Restaurant and pool bar fine. I think there's a special on Wednesday's to use the pool and have a drink for non-guests for a modest fee.

Sansuk Sauna also has rooms and a new refurbished adjacent hotel but I've not stayed there, anyone?

As for the Sansuk Sauna I have no experience. I wonder if all these SE Asian and Chinese gay independent tourists have discovered Sansuk? They sure have found the gay saunas in Bangkok in recent years.

Opinions on Trip Advisor all over the place: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Revie ... vince.html
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Trongpai wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 pm I wonder if all these SE Asian and Chinese gay independent tourists have discovered Sansuk? They sure have found the gay saunas in Bangkok in recent years.
Friends tell me they flood into Chakran, Sauna Mania and Ratchada Sauna (formerly the R3), especially on the orgy nights held by the latter two. Chakran has nude policy on Floors 4 and 5 and sometimes some group action. The dance clubs DJ Station and GOD are packed with them, even though GOD doesn't really get going until after 2:00 am. Many younger 20s guys.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

fountainhall wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:47 pm
Trongpai wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 pm I wonder if all these SE Asian and Chinese gay independent tourists have discovered Sansuk? They sure have found the gay saunas in Bangkok in recent years.
Friends tell me they flood into Chakran, Sauna Mania and Ratchada Sauna (formerly the R3), especially on the orgy nights held by the latter two. Chakran has nude policy on Floors 4 and 5 and sometimes some group action. The dance clubs DJ Station and GOD are packed with them, even though GOD doesn't really get going until after 2:00 am. Many younger 20s guys.
Can’t help but wonder what this has to do with the title of this thread? :roll:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:50 pm Can’t help but wonder what this has to do with the title of this thread? :roll:
The topic is about Baan Souy and Sansuk. Let's not let it morph into something else. Those who wish to discuss other resorts and saunas, please start a new topic to do so.
Nasherich

Post by Nasherich »

I last stayed at Baan Souy in February. It's my preferred hotel in Pattaya. It's kept pristinely clean by staff who have been there for many years. Great swimming pool and largely gay clientele. And well located between Jomtien and Pattaya itself.
Jun

Post by Jun »

My last visit to Sansuk was in January or February.

1 Almost no Thais go there independently. They are either with farang or they don't go. I don't go to saunas to admire farang in my own age bracket & I certainly don't go to Pattaya for that.
I suppose the young thais are discouraged by the entry fee of over 200 baht and some may be put off by the ban on prostitution.
They should try a discounted entry fee for local under 25s.
However, even that is probably not enough as most of them would probably prefer to spend the time on their smartphones.

They do get a small number of younger Asian tourists, from China, Japan or wherever.

2 They need to take care to keep standards up. For example, the Jacuzzi is no longer heated. This may be fine in the hot season, but it's unpleasant if there is a cool wind in December/January.