How long will Sunee plaza survive?

Anything and everything about Thailand
gera

Re: How long will Sunee plaza survive?

Post by gera »

ISAC69 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:00 am now the main action for the straights is concentrated at walking street
This is simply not true. Perhaps some girl bars are closed. But to suggest they are only on walking street is nonsense. Just take a stroll. They are everywhere in Pattaya.
Dimsumbear

Post by Dimsumbear »

On top of a strengthening baht, I can also “speculate” it is the evolving of the Thai economy itself. It used to to be cheap and sleazy, but now the scales are all screwed and the lump In the pants goes to my throat when being quoted B4000 for a ST. And yes you can actually get that kind of money if you look like this and speak Chinese.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dimsumbear wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:39 am I think we are going a bit off topic here
So do I. Let's keep this topic about Sunee Plaza. Those who wish to talk about the gay situation in China, feel free to start a new topic.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Even after my previous post, more posts about gay China appeared. All posts from this topic involving gay China, having little or nothing to do with the survival of Sunee Plaza, have now been moved to the following topic on the "Gay World" forum:

Gay China: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9929

Any further posts about gay China belong on that topic. The exception will be only if a post about China is directly relevant to this topic - about the survival of Sunee Plaza.
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

gera wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:00 am
ISAC69 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:00 am now the main action for the straights is concentrated at walking street
This is simply not true. Perhaps some girl bars are closed. But to suggest that the are only on walking street is nonsense. Just take a stroll. They are everywhere in Pattaya.
I didn't say that girls bars are only at walking street ! I said that many go go bars where closed and nowdays most of the bars for straight are open beer bars .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

According to reports published on the internet there appears to be a significant decline in Gay Bars pretty much on a global basis.

I read reports related to the gay scene in America, England and Australia, all of which reported a high percentage of gay bars (and other gay venues) being closed over the past 10 years. They all reported the number one reason as being the advent of Smartphones and increase in gay dating apps.

The number two reason seems to be directed at the fact that gays are much more acknowledged and accepted in society in general and the need to socialize and cruise in the gay bars of the past, many of which are hidden away in old brick buildings in slum areas, is no longer necessary. Maybe this accounts for the continuing decrease we've see in gay visitors to Thailand as well.

Sunee Plaza may be wobbling on its last leg, but as GB indicated, I wouldn't count them out just yet. With the new government in place, the police will regain more control (similar to the control they exercised in the past) which may tilt the scales enough to light the spark. Only time will tell.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

Jomtien Complex is, by anyone's definition, a great gay holiday destination. I drove through the Complex this morning and didn't see one business that was closed or shuttered. I haven't been in the area at night time for a while, but the last few times I visited the bars were filled to the max with smiling boys (or men. whatever floats your boat), the nightly shows at Venue are still going strong, and there must be a half dozen gay massage parlors in operation. Yes, before someone reminds me, there are a lot of Cambodian and Laotian boys in the mix, but, in my opinion, that only enhances the environment. An adorable smiling boy/guy/man, is an adorable smiling boy/guy/man,
Dimsumbear

Post by Dimsumbear »

Dodger wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:05 pm I visited the bars were filled to the max with smiling boys (or men. whatever floats your boat), the nightly shows at Venue are still going strong, and there must be a half dozen gay massage parlors in operation.
The ship seems to be able to set sail to JC all right. Any bars in particular I should visit if I am into straight-acting eager young slightly muscled tops? (Gosh I seem to have cramped a lot of adjectives here lol)
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dimsumbear wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:25 pm The ship seems to be able to set sail to JC all right. Any bars in particular I should visit if I am into straight-acting eager young slightly muscled tops?
I like the same type that you mentioned and they are few and far between in JC......If you had said you are into gay twinks then JC would be heaven ..... I am definitely not into gay twinks and I avoid JC like the plague.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:17 pm I like the same type that you mentioned and they are few and far between in JC
Undaunted is right. While you might find a few muscle tops scattered around in both Sunee Plaza and Jomtien Complex, none of the bars are primarily muscle boy bars.

I think you are more likely to find that type in the Boystown bars.

In my opinion, the place to search for particular types would be the apps. The bars are great for having a drink among friends and like minded people, but in Pattaya I know of no bars that are "type" bars. I believe that kind of bar has become yet another thing of the past.
Dimsumbear

Post by Dimsumbear »

Undaunted, I do like them younger but not barely legal. If I understand you correctly should I even stay at Zing at JC? I prefer walking than taking a 20min baht bus, especially when half drunk, with a guy and a hard-on. Lol

Any hotel recommendations in the Sunee area then? You could find a top-type I would absolutely die for in previous messages here.