How long will Sunee plaza survive?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: How long will Sunee plaza survive?

Post by Undaunted »

rocket wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:52 am You guys are hard to please with your need to be entertained at the bars. I guess I’m easily entertained if a bar has a pool table and a guy who is half way decent player, I’m happy. I have a blast with the guys and about once a week I’ll buy a bottle of whiskey for them and they really are appreciative of it.

I like the location of Sunee, Jomtien is very boring except for the twinks in those bars.

I think there’s two problems, the older we get, we just don’t like going out as much and the fact that all the workers are of legal age has made many former customers not as interested in going there.
Other than how you described Jomtien Complex you have no idea what you are talking about :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

rocket wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:07 pm Probably the apps have had the most profound affect well as the aging clientele.
Maybe I've been blind or I'm having a memory lapse, but when was the majority of farang go-go bar clientele in Thailand other than aging?

In any case, I can't speak for others, but for me you're right about the apps. I much prefer the apps to the bars. No loud music. No overpriced drinks that I don't want in the first place. No off fees. No getting caught in the rain. No pushy boys, waiters, or mama-sans. A much wider variety and selection. 24 hour availability. All from the comfort of my home rather than having to go trekking to the bars. Yes, I'm delighted with the apps. I can hardly wait to see what future technology might bring to the apps.

I certainly understand why many still enjoy the bars, but for me the bars have become essentially obsolete. Again my message for the bar owners is very simple - make your bar more enjoyable than the apps and I'll be there happily spending my money.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

RichLB wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:52 pm The truth, to me, is that the bars are no longer fun. I'd love to see an imaginative owner institute some creative play in the bars. How about a Twister (the game with the colored dots) contest between the dancers where the winner gets a prize. As much as I got flamed for it in the past, I still think the ping pong ball tossing (done in some girlie bars) makes for lively and fun activity. Even a dance contest between the guys could be converted to a fun "game". Or a limbo contest. And so on and so on. The bottom line is make the bars fun and people will come
The bars in Jomtien (which I agree are sometimes boring...same/same) have little or nothing of the above, yet the area seems to be going from strength to strength...?!
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

gerefan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:51 am The bars in Jomtien (which I agree are sometimes boring...same/same) have little or nothing of the above, yet the area seems to be going from strength to strength...?!
You're right about the lack of "entertainment" in the Jomtien Plaza area (except for the Venue) and I agree the area is growing in popularity. To me, a major difference between Jomtien and Sunee is that Jomtien has a carnival like atmosphere. While sitting in an open air host bar there's abundant street life, in a brightly lit soi, to watch - the guys cavorting in the street, trinket salespersons plying their wares, music from various bars (admittedly sometimes more than mildly annoying), farang strolling by, and just plain energy in the place. Even if not on a sex hunt, there's plenty to see and enjoy while sipping a drink.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

RichLB wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:22 am Even if not on a sex hunt, there's plenty to see and enjoy while sipping a drink.
Rich...great description of Jomtien Complex.

I really do miss Two Faces which was always filled with a lot of energy, and of course boys, but Dolce Vita and several of the other bars can be fun as well. I know one of the workers at Siam Guesthouse who told me large rooms rent for 700 THB/night which is really convenient.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Looks like the new Dragon bar has given up too. 11 bars still open in Sunee, only 3 of them agogos.

Sunee really needs some new fun agogo bar or sleezebar like Eros to remind us of the areas former fun appeal. Winnerboys was a great addition to the area, but something more is needed. Or otherwise I think Sunee will not survive another 1-2 low "high seasons".