The Rainbow Club Jomtien

Anything and everything about Thailand
werner99

Re: The Rainbow Club Jomtien

Post by werner99 »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:20 am
I'm with most of you here, I don't get LOUD music and never did.
I also HATE loud music.

Perhaps this is off subject, but what clubs and go-go bars in Bangkok have really loud music. You seem to be knowledgeable about many things. If there are clubs or bars that are really loud, I will certainly avoid them.

The wax ear plugs do NOT work well with me. And who wants to go to a bar and use wax ear plugs? How can you chat with anyone?
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

werner99 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:15 pm Perhaps this is off subject, but what clubs and go-go bars in Bangkok have really loud music. You seem to be knowledgeable about many things. If there are clubs or bars that are really loud, I will certainly avoid them.
Moonlight and Jupiter the music is LOUD. The rest it's just loud and depends on the mood of the DJ with the volume control knob. Hotmale sometimes too loud other times OK.

All the clubs, DJ, GOD, Fake, Welcome etc. are LOUD. Balcony, Telephone, Connections all fine with music levels.

The trick is to pick your seat carefully as far from the speakers as possible.
werner99 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:15 pm who wants to go to a bar and use wax ear plugs? How can you chat with anyone?
The usual posture I notice is to cup your hand around the other fellows ear and yell! At the Rainbow Club I had to do this with the very cute waiter and I had to put my arm around his shoulders, pull him very close to me, body to body, and tell him what I wanted to drink. I also ordered a second with the same method. Do what you have to do!
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

On all my past visits I somehow skip Jomtien Complex and went mostly to Boyz Town and occasionally to Sunee Plaza this upcoming visit at the end of the year I intend to stay at Zing hotel . I have 2 questions :
First, I am into slim twinks only is there enough of them at JC ? Are all the stuff at the bars offable ?
Second, Is the noise level at Zing Hotel tolerable ?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

ISAC69 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:08 pm First, I am into slim twinks only is there enough of them at JC ? Are all the stuff at the bars offable ?
I don’t know about the noise but if you like fem twinks Jomtien Complex is the place for you, as for what “stuff” is offable.......”Is the pope Catholic?”
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

fountainhall wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:20 am The ones I use can be purchased in boxes of 10 from Boots in the UK, are wax-based and mould themselves to your inner ear. They are amazingly effective.
My attention has been brought to a post on SGT by Jellybean. He had read my post above, purchased some wax ear plugs and planned to use them on this flight over. Not being a member on that chat room, I cannot reply. So I hope someone here can inform him that my understanding is that the Boots wax earplugs are NOT to be used when flying. The reason is that the ear mufflers are very effective in blocking out sound. They are also effective in blocking out air. So if you are in an environment where air pressure changes, you can damage your ear drums. As a plane ascends, the air trapped in the ear by the muffler expands. Similarly on descent it contracts.

That mufflers are wonderful if you are on the ground. I hope he can get the message that he should check either with Boots or a doctor prior to getting on a plane.
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

ISAC69 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:08 pm On all my past visits I somehow skip Jomtien Complex and went mostly to Boyz Town and occasionally to Sunee Plaza this upcoming visit at the end of the year I intend to stay at Zing hotel . I have 2 questions :
First, I am into slim twinks only is there enough of them at JC ? Are all the stuff at the bars offable ?
I stay october in Zing Resort and Spa. I will report about noise Level.
scottish-guy

Post by scottish-guy »

fountainhall wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:11 am
fountainhall wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:20 am ... wax-based and mould themselves to your inner ear...
....if you are in an environment where air pressure changes, you can damage your ear drums...
What ear drums - because if, as you suggest, these earplugs moulded themselves to your inner ear then you'll have already pushed past and perforated both ear drums, and destroyed the Ossicular chain in each ear, so I doubt you'll be hearing very much ever again :shock:

What you really mean is that they mould themselves to the ear canal.

I hope you don't receive compensation claims from deafened SGT members :lol:

Happy to help!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

scottish-guy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:46 pm What you really mean is that they mould themselves to the ear canal
Happy to help!
I think everyone, bar your good self, understood precisely what I meant, even though I accept my description was not anatomically accurate. To start with, it would be all but impossible to push a wax ear plug beyond the ear drum without some sort of piercing instrument.

Secondly, "inner" ear is often used in the hi-fi industry to describe in-ear headphone buds. As for example in this model available currently from amazon - JVC HAECX20B Sports Clip Inner Ear Headphones.

If the industry occasionally uses "inner ear" and purchasers are perfectly well aware of what they are buying, I fail to understand how anyone purchasing the Boots mufflers will not understand, the more so given that the instructions are clearly written in a leaflet inside every box!
scottish-guy

Post by scottish-guy »

May I suggest that the aforementioned "everyone bar your good self" understood that my response was targeted solely at the inaccurate use of the anatomical term "inner ear" - and not seriously suggesting that one can shove a set of earphones through one's tympanic membrane.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

It sounds like a great venue if you're an old Chinese lady with hearing aids, who wants a pussy massage from a muscle man.

Too bad though. It would be great to have a boy gogo in Jomtien. Now, if they just staffed a dozen cute, slim. twink types, they'd make a mint regardless of the music level. Go figure!