The Rainbow Club Jomtien

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

The Rainbow Club Jomtien

Post by Trongpai »

I had an occasion to pay a visit to the new Rainbow Club in Jomtien. It's located on the main road just as you turn to the beach, on the right. There's balloons at the entrance for the grand opening Friday night.

It's a combination disco, host bar and show bar. We arrived at 10:30, a few customers and an empty T shaped stage. Lots of flashing lights and very LOUD techno music. Disco style tables and uncomfortable high stool chairs. Drinks 280B, small and weak. Smoking allowed inside! Poor ventilation.

There was a stage presentation of 15 fully clothed male individuals of the species Homo Sapiens, Genus: Homo; Linnaeus, Family: Hominidae Phylum: Chordata Order: Primates. One at a time, by name and number. They then walk about the room. They were to my judgement on the masculine side but average. One of the waiters was very cute.

Three H.sapiens took to the stage to coyote dance but two sat down realizing they can't dance. A lone dancer continued blissfully unaware he had two left feet. So, bad it was amusing.

The "show" started at 11:15 as a few more customers came in, about 15 total. A lot of customers, old farang fellas, came in the door and made a quick u-turn holding their ears. Three uncoordinated lady H.sapiens lip synced to some old show tune. Then after a long break with more LOUD techno music three attractive and athletic H. sapiens took to the stage for break-dancing and acrobatics, quite good. Next show was a "Super Mod-dell" display. Eight hunky H. sapiens came from somewhere and were presented one at a time. The announcer then asked every table if they were interested in taking one home or for a drink. There were no takers and most of them left out the door to their motorbikes and parts unknown. I don't know their off fee or expected tip but I suspect it's not cheap.

It was now midnight and I could not take the LOUD music anymore. Most of the customers were also leaving. Walked over to Jomtiem Complex where there was a lot more customers (Old Fellas) then were inside The Rainbow Club. I'm not sure what or who The Rainbow Club"s customer base will be. The person who was either the manager or owner was talking in Chinese to some of his underlings. Chinese ownership?

So, I suspect this new bar is of little to no interest to most of the board members here unless you're looking for a Super Mo-Dell and have some ear plugs.
atri1666

Re: The Rainbow Club Jomtien

Post by atri1666 »

I hate loud music even when i was young.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Aren't you glad the law says 90 decibels max?
Jun

Post by Jun »

I also hate loud music, including when I was young.

Seems this bar has 3 features I don't like : large hunky boys, overdressing and loud music. So I will not be missing anything by staying away.

Actually, it would be a pity if a bar had a great selection of the slim twink types I like and combined it with loud music.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Trongpai I noticed that you described the customers as “old fellas” is that description of the customers unique to this new venue?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:12 pm Trongpai I noticed that you described the customers as “old fellas” is that description of the customers unique to this new venue?
I think this was their grand opening night so a usual customer base has not yet been established. On my single visit, last night, most of the customers were old guys and all the guys I noticed that came in and quickly left were older guys.

I guess it's the kind a bar that younger Asians would be attracted to. Maybe they have not found it yet? Asian tourists were certainty out in large numbers on my visit to Boyz Boyz this last Thursday night. 50-60 youngish Asians vs. 3 farangs total. Lots of obnoxious squealing Asian ladies being loud. Three of which off'ed some of the hunky-hung staff.

Jun, I think you would like one of the waiters at The Rainbow Club. Also, Boyz Boys had two slim shirtless twinks on either side of the stage framing the more masculine H. sapiens. Trying to cover all the bases.
ilz

Post by ilz »

I hope this loud music - also a strong deterrent for me - does not impact the quietness of the nearby Zing Hotel ?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Not sure if anyone takes ear mufflers into a gogo bar with consistently loud music. I use these occasionally when travelling and they can be a godsend if you are stuck in a hotel with loud traffic outside or some other noise pollution. I don't mean the ones you get for overnight flights in aircraft in biz class which only reduce the drone of the engines. The ones I use can be purchased in boxes of 10 from Boots in the UK, are wax-based and mould themselves to your inner ear. They are amazingly effective. I recall Boots in Thailand used to sell them. Not sure if they still do.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:20 am I recall Boots in Thailand used to sell them. Not sure if they still do.
If not, Lazada sells many different ear plugs.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

ilz wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:56 am I hope this loud music - also a strong deterrent for me - does not impact the quietness of the nearby Zing Hotel ?
Not sure but I think perhaps only a few of the rooms might be in range of the sub woofers. It's does not share a common wall with the Zing. When the occasional street parties in the Jomtiem Complex fires up it effects some of the rooms at the Zing.

I no longer stay at the Venue because of the loud late night street parties. Also, they are not guaranteed to shut down at 2am. The rear rooms are fine and I've intentionally booked rear rooms but upon check-in I'm told "no have' and put in a front room. I later found out the front room occupant complained about the noise and was given my room!

I'm not a disco person but occasionally I'll go to the Fake Cub in Bangkok if there's an act or singer I want to see. I've used the Boots wax ear plugs and I thought they were not working and then I took one out and BANG BANG BANG. They work but the thump still comes through your body and connects to something that converts to sound.

I'm with most of you here, I don't get LOUD music and never did.