MRT New Stations Open Today

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: MRT New Stations Open Today

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:33 pm Yes, but MRT closes too early. Sararom Park is a late night scene mostly weekends. Christian is the only human I know that actually walked Saranrom generally you drive around it and call them over.
I also walked around Saranrom on my one and only boy hunting trip there, several years ago. The choice was limited, they were clothed and the light wasn't that good. However, I still left with a boy and a taxi was needed for that part.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Now, easy access to: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... ngkok.html
Try it, you'll like it.
KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

I used the extension to the river today. The stations are very impressive. Trains are nice. Not sure why you have to change trains at Hua Lamphong. You just cross the platform to the extension. Why the train cannot go on is odd. Also on the extension stations all the video screens are wrong, saying trains going in opposite direction! Printed notices pasted on the platform doors tell you correct direction! Also interesting that on official maps, including at Silom, Extension not shown as in service! All very Thai. Also trains already packed, like Skytrain. Long queues at Hua Lamphong, will get worse when further extension opens.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Yes, I guess you can call it a soft opening, it's not fully operational yet. Still working out the bugs it appears. The train stops for a short while every now and then for some reason likely known to someone for something. Please stand by.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:23 pm Yes, I guess you can call it a soft opening, it's not fully operational yet. Still working out the bugs it appears. The train stops for a short while every now and then for some reason likely known to someone for something. Please stand by.
Surely it cannot be that difficult to operate an extension to an existing MRT line.

Stop. Open doors. Wait. Close doors. Start.

If the track is properly aligned, the power supply is good and the signals work, I don't see what else there is to fiddle around with. All the rolling stock and so on should be as before.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I corrected KeithAmbrose's post and left Jun's post in place. If anyone does not understand the icons, just put your cursor over the icon for a couple seconds and an explanation will come up.

Some of the icons are time restricted and will disappear after about 1 hour after the post is submitted. If that happens and you want your post edited, corrected, deleted, or whatever, just send a PM to me and I will take care of it. As the board owner, time restrictions do not apply to me.

Jun wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:35 pm All the rolling stock and so on should be as before.
That sentence includes my favorite word when talking about Thailand - "should"
KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

Thanks for the help re editing. I like your comment about 'should'. It applies to Skytrain which 'should' have more carriages. The platforms were built for more, and the trains are now packed. I remember when Skytrain opened, it was deserted. Now, at 8.30pm, from Sala Daeng, you could barely get on. This will only get worse as they extend the lines. Also, are there any plans to simplify ticketing, odd to have two different ticketing systems on Skytrain and Metro. Finally, producing a passport to add money to your Rabbit card seems crazy. Took 5 mins today, with a frustrated queue behind me. I added money to my Metro card in 10 secs. Does anyone know the reason? As you can gather, I am a visitor, albeit a frequent one.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I could go on and on with lots of historical information and speculation regarding your questions, but really just ignore it all and have a good time. It is what it is, for reasons we don't really know. Live with that and have fun.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

KeithAmbrose wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:51 pm Does anyone know the reason?
Years ago I stopped trying to figure out reasons for a vast number of my "I Don't Get It" list items. Ever since, I sleep a lot better at night. I suggest just playing along, forget about trying to understand and figure out reasons for just about everything you'll encounter that makes little or no sense in Thailand. As soon as you do, you too will sleep a lot better at night . . .