Gaybutton - nearly killed, but will be ok

Anything and everything about Thailand
firecat69

Re: Gaybutton - nearly killed, but will be ok

Post by firecat69 »

Just catching up on other threads and had not seen this . So glad you survived and will be ok. In a past life I was careless about using seatbelts and a friend beat it into me and now it is just automatic.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
puan

Post by puan »

Wow...you are indeed fortunate. Wishing you the best of a speedy recovery.
whogivesatoss

Post by whogivesatoss »

Gosh you sound so lucky to have only the injuries you have suffered. Murray and I hope you recover quickly and hope we can catch up with you at Christmas when we are next in town.
John from Downunder

Coming home to reality after a period in paradise is so hard ;-)
MichaelGT

Post by MichaelGT »

Wow. So sorry to hear about this but so glad you are OK. I hope you get well soon!
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Ditto to all the good wishes for your quick and complete recovery.
TomUK

Post by TomUK »

Hi Gaybutton

I wish you a speedy recovery, but, speaking from personal experience, I fear you will "enjoy" the effects of your bruises for quite some time. Frankly, it was a bit of a shock to learn that we nearly lost another one of our gay icons in Pattaya. I'm glad that you survived with relatively minor injuries.

I didn't know that there are still cars available without airbags. I bought my old car in 2000 and it came with driver and front passenger air bags. In my new car I have even had side airbags fitted to protect the rear passengers. Although most of the time I am driving on my own I consider it money well spent. I wouldn't want to risk anybody getting hurt in an accident just because I wanted to save a few quid.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I hope the patient is feeling a bit less painful this morning.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:17 am I hope the patient is feeling a bit less painful this morning.
Thank you very much, but unfortunately TomUK is right. The pain is actually getting worse. Now it radiates around my neck, shoulders, and my entire back. I was expecting that to happen.

If I sit absolutely still it is tolerable. Moving around hurts like hell. My next doctor appointment is Thursday and I'll see if he can prescribe better pain killers. The ones I have now are not doing much good. There are a lot of things I can't do for myself yet, but I do have friends helping me.

As I keep saying, regarding the pain I'm happy to be alive to feel it. I'm also glad I was not knocked unconscious.

So, yes the pain is quite intense, but I'm still here and sooner or later the pain will go away, or at least start going away - I hope.

One thing is for sure - next car will have airbags. I'm glad I was driving alone. If someone was in the passenger seat, since there were no airbags he probably would have been killed or seriously injured. If whatever car I decide on is not equipped with airbags, I ain't buying it . . .

It will take a lot more than a stupid car crash to get me down.
jason105

Post by jason105 »

So glad to hear that you survived! Hope you can get some relief from the pain soon. How wonderful to have friends who will help. Your dog is so cute. Hope to share a meal/drink when I visit in October. Take care of yourself and I add my best wishes for your complete recovery.
All the best
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

I was sorry to read of your accident GB. Congratulations on your survival. I'd get another car just like the other one - but with an airbag - if I were you. It did it's job, crumpling and absorbing the shock in places other than you.
You will need to be very insistent and persistent getting stronger painkillers. Doctors here are, for some reason, reluctant to prescribe really strong painkillers outside hospital.