New Go-Go Bars in Patpong

Anything and everything about Thailand
fountainhall

Re: New Go-Go Bars in Patpong

Post by fountainhall »

To amplify Trongpai's excellent reports, Indigo is not only overpriced. For years it was gay unfriendly. I remember a poster either here or on another Board detailing his unfortunate experiences with the homophobic owner some years ago. I can confirm that the same happened with me and two of my friends around five years ago. Unlike the other poster, we are all near geriatric farangs and none can be considered twinks by any means :o

The owner came over to the table where we were having drinks. He was half drunk. For no reason at all he started in on a rant about "hating fucking gays"! It seems he was referring in part to a few customers who brought twinks with them to dine. But it also became clear he loathed the fact that the old Fan Club gay massage establishment was just across the soi and there were always several of the massage boys outside having a smoke or just sitting around. One of my friends stood up to those uncalled for comments whereupon this idiot's diatribe seemed about to give him a heart attack!

We have never eaten there since that dreadful episode. There was a rumour that his son was gay and this might have been one reason for his seemingly regular rants. Whatever, it was a disgraceful scene.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Thanks to everyone for the great map and the information about the bars and the restaurants in the area.

Trongpai has provided an excellent report about the go-go bars, including detailed information about the shows, the customers, the seating, and even the ventilation (very important for people like me that do not like smoke).

A couple questions about the go-go bars:

--Does anyone know when or if a new Dream Boys will open in the area? (The old Dream Boys was one of my favorite bars, and have had many great offs from there.) Or will there only be the Dream Boy Paradisco, which does NOT seem very appealing?

--What is the breakdown of nationality of the guys working in the bars? It seems that many of the bars have a lot of non-Thais, and many of the hottest guys seem to be from neighboring countries, or at least so I have heard.

--The old sleaze bars of Nature Boy and Golden Cock still seem to be in operation. I assume that the new bars would allow some minor, discrete touching and fondling, with tips, if the guys invited for a drink are willing.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Thanks to Trongpai for his information about the various restaurants!

Is the Sunrise Tacos [is that the name??] restaurant still in operation at the corner of Soi 4? It is not on the map of the area.

I loved that restaurant. The food was good, if not spectacular, and the Filipino/Filipina staff were always friendly and helpful. It was a great place for people watching. Moreover, I met a couple handsome, young (and available) French-speaking guys there--one from Sénégal and one from Canada (who was very cute; he spoke français québécois; we spent a two nights together).
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

werner99 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:27 pm
A couple questions about the go-go bars:

--Does anyone know when or if a new Dream Boys will open in the area? (The old Dream Boys was one of my favorite bars, and have had many great offs from there.) Or will there only be the Dream Boy Paradisco, which does NOT seem very appealing?
Not yet, perhaps in a few weeks. We'll have to wait and see what's on offer at the new-newer place. I'm not sure what they are going to name it, no sign yet but something like Boys Bangkok Dream or some combination of that. Wait and see.... The Dream Boys Paradisco was just awful, anything else would be an improvement.
werner99 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:27 pm --What is the breakdown of nationality of the guys working in the bars? It seems that many of the bars have a lot of non-Thais, and many of the hottest guys seem to be from neighboring countries, or at least so I have heard.
Moonlight, Jupiter and Hotmale mostly Thai. Vietnamese heavy in Screw, Lucky and Fresh along with Lao, Cambodia. The rest a mixed bag.
werner99 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:27 pm --The old sleaze bars of Nature Boy and Golden Cock still seem to be in operation. .
Yes, soi 6 sleaze bars are open. Few boys, few customers but they try to please. Tell them what you're looking for and they will try to accommodate you and show you a few photos on a tablet.
werner99 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:27 pm I assume that the new bars would allow some minor, discrete touching and fondling, with tips, if the guys invited for a drink are willing.
Sure and there's darker less out in the open places to sit in most of the bars. Discretion is not mandatory at the soi 6 bars and if you're alone they can close the doors. Money talks bullshit walks. Have a good time.

Yes, Sunrise Taco is still open at the entrance to Silom soi 4. It's on my photo w/ GPS to the entrance to soi 4. I like it too.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Trongpai,

Thanks for the information!

Yes indeed you have a photo at Sunrise Taco--I somehow missed it.

Sunrise Taco is a great place. In addition to the young, handsome, French-speaking guys, I have also met a couple of witty, friendly, and elderly farang there of various nationalities....
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I note from another forum that DREAM BOY Bangkok opened on Saturday. There is sign outside saying ONLY THAI BOYS - WE ARE GUARANTEE It seems to be a large bar with mostly comfortable sofa-type seating. Drinks are Bt. 450. Not sure if there is a reduction on week-days. I will try and visit soon.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Yes, walked by last night around 2345 and it was open. It's called Dream Boys Bangkok. Strangely, Dream Boys Paradisco is also still open. The mamasan said there would be a midnight show but there were few customers. I asked about the show and he said same-same as soi Twilight. He said there was 40 boys on stage, I saw 10. There's a large LED screen behind the stage and lots of laser lights. I found all the lights and LED's hard on the eyes. No smoking and the seats do look comfortable. Dream Boy Paradisco had one boy on stage and no customers.

I could not muster up enough desire to sit down and wait for the show. I asked about customers and he said not many tonight and blamed the off and on rain all night. I also spoke to the mamasan of Lucky Boys a much larger bar and he said they were completely full for the first show and now about half full. Also, a midnight show coming up.

Earlier in the evening we were in Moonlight for the first show, 2230. We got there in a heavy down pore and were lucky to get the back bench seat with a back rest rather than a stool. The bar filled up quickly to near capacity with mostly Asians and a few women. There were only two other farangs and one looked exactly like Victor Buono https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Buono There were 15 attractive mostly masculine boys on stage, no shirts and shorts. There's some less masculine waiters that are offable. Add the sex workers, and the models and there's around 30 boys to choose if you're in the market for "company". Entry 450. No smoking.

The Moonlight 10:30 show started at 10:45 and lasted 60 min. First, the "super mode-dells" came on stage dressed in all white holding a red rose and posed and moved about. Babe "super star" beamed for the adoring customers. Then a series of dance numbers, all new and rather entertaining and erotic. One lady boy but used as a prop rather than the main entertainment as the attractive boys danced around. They are not professional dancers but they sure try hard and it's fun to watch. There were 4 sex performers who have big cocks and they do a few sex routines, dancing, shower show etc.

So, back to Dream Boys. Lucky and Moonlight filled to capacity but Dream Boys has not yet recovered it former standing as the best a-gogo bar in da vorild!
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

We went to Dream Boys Bangkok last night (Monday) arriving at 2215. The house was half full but as show time approached 2230 the place filled up to near full capacity (80+) with Asians. There were a total of three farangs counting myself, not quite extinct yet but on the endangered list.

Drinks 450, 500 for cocktails. The former bartender of Dick's Cafe makes the drinks.

No smoking and comfortable seating. All clean and new inside, a nice renovation.

In the line-up I counted 20 masculine guys and several caught my eye as very attractive. Some boy-next door types too. No fem boys. All Thai, so they say.

The show started at 2230. First coyote dancers, some hunky guy strip shows and two acts from a dance troupe. Dream Boys is the only gay a-gogo bar left in Bangkok (Silom) that has real dancers. There were 4 sex performers and one bottom for the fucking show. That's a low number for Dream Boys and I was told that they are working on getting the numbers back up. Dream Boys still has the guys in drag doing "comedy" routines and you may hate it but the Asians find it hilarious. No ladyboy lip sync. I was told they are also looking to retool the show.

When the show starts the line-up boys rotate over to Dream Boys Paradisco. where's there's no show.

The stage is rather strange. There's a huge square center support column the obstructs full view of the stage from any seat. They made a mini stage around it and the boys rotate two at a time on it. The lights, the lights the lights and the reflective back stage---too much. I found the music level tolerable.

We left before the midnight show but as the Asians cleared out after the first show it was quickly repopulated to near capacity again! The two farangs left, I left and the bar was turned over to all Asians. The new order.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if you noticed any of the Asian patrons offing any of the barboys? There seems to be an assumption, which I share, that the Asian audience is there primarily for shows and far less for a short or long time offs.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I did notice one Asian lady, no idea what nationality, off a guy from Dream Boys last night just before the show started. When it's a full house there's hardly any room for a stage guy to sit with a customer. The bulk of the customers who came to see the show only don't hang around to closing time. Anyone still in the bar after the last show is a good potential for an off and the mamasans go to work.

Asians who come in groups don't off I've been told but it's not unusual for one to return alone after midnight after his buddies have left and arrange an off. Mamasans told me they ignore the Asians in groups and couples but when there's one alone, that's prey! I can tell it in their eyes if they are looking for a boy, one told me.

Thai patrons and others I'm sure also use the 'Line' method, call him down for a drink, get his number and arrange a meeting latter that night or next day.

Another mamasan told me he has a lot of Thai customers (men and ladies) that have him arrange an off via 'Line' or in person. Generally it's someone they know or have had before. Sometimes, often a lady, will leave the bar alone and then have the mamasan arrange and pay for the boy to show up at the customers hotel or whatever. You even don't need to go in and sit down and buy a drink but the off fee is generally higher.

I don't think there would be many boys working in the bars if there was no potential for getting off'ed. Some also hope to meet that one special customer that turns into a full time boyfriend.

So, the question remains are the Asian customers offing the boys in Bangkok gogo's at the same rate as the previous customer base, farangs? I don't know, probably not, but then again there's more of them then there ever was of us.