Flooding in Pattaya?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Flooding in Pattaya?

Post by Trongpai »

The TV news here in Bangkok is full of stories and some video of what looks like horrendous flooding? Not a drop of rain here where I live in Bangkok but I do hear thunder in the far distance to the east and south, the direction of Pattaya.

Everyone OK?
Gaybutton

Re: Flooding in Pattaya?

Post by Gaybutton »

It did rain heavily today in Pattaya, but it wasn't a storm anywhere near as big as many we've had. It was a typical afternoon thunderstorm. I neither encountered nor heard about any damaging flooding. As a matter of fact, I didn't even see any flooding at all.

I would not be surprised if downtown Pattaya experienced the usual heavy flooding. How many years has it been now since the powers-that-be started to assure everyone that the flooding problems have been resolved? By the way, they also have a certain tower in Paris and a certain bridge in Brooklyn for sale . . .
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:39 pm By the way, they also have a certain tower in Paris and a certain bridge in Brooklyn for sale . . .
Good to know as I sold the Sydney Opera House last week.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I was caught right in the middle of it. Stopped at McDonald's Sukumvit to wait it out. Three hours from BHP to home in Jomtien.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/genera ... ds-pattaya
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:11 am I was caught right in the middle of it. Stopped at McDonald's Sukumvit to wait it out. Three hours from BHP to home in Jomtien.
As I said in my post above, I was lucky and didn't encounter any of that, as is shown in the Bangkok Post photo. I'm glad you at least had a place to stop.

According to the current weather forecast, Pattaya may be hit with another thunderstorm today.

Any news about how the Sukhumvit tunnel fared?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Perhaps I have missed it, but I don't recall seeing any news articles or posting re flooding in the Sukhumvit tunnel under Pattaya Klang - does it or does it not flood when we have a heavy rain as we did yesterday?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

2lz2p wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 am Perhaps I have missed it, but I don't recall seeing any news articles or posting re flooding in the Sukhumvit tunnel under Pattaya Klang - does it or does it not flood when we have a heavy rain as we did yesterday?
I drove through the tunnel during the height of the storm. No problem what so ever. Traffic was already a snarl and I made a U-turn and headed for McDonald's. Going home I tried all my tricks..... Waze was useless.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Article and pics of the flooding in Pattaya:

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/pattay ... ets-video/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"