Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong bar & Marina Inn hosts pool party - Every Saturday

Anything and everything about Thailand
Oliver

Re: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong bar & Marina Inn hosts pool party - Every Saturday

Post by Oliver »

Ting Tong was closed last night.....and at 2230, Nice had no customers. I appreciate that a wet Sunday is never the best time to visit but Sunee was particularly depressing....very few people about.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Oliver wrote:a wet Sunday is never the best time to visit but Sunee was particularly depressing....very few people about.
On a rainy Sunday night in low season -

"Of course, dear. What did you expect?"
- Gladys Cooper (Mrs. Higgins), 'My Fair Lady"
TomUK

Post by TomUK »

Oliver wrote:Ting Tong was closed last night.....
If you mean by 'last night' Sunday night - well, I spent an enjoyable night out at Ting Tong bar between about 11PM and 2AM. I was there with a friend from Laos and one of his friends, who was working at the bar, joined us for a couple of drinks. We were sitting outside on one of the sofas. Another table next to ours was occupied by a group of German customers. There were one or two more customers inside the bar and later another customer took a seat at a table to our left. However, I was told that earlier the bar had been empty - the rain must have kept the punters away. The owner then decided to close the kitchen early at about 10PM and call it a day. Nevertheless, I asked for the menu just to have a look. There were quite a few traditional German dishes on offer and just reading through the list made me feel rather peckish. Alas, one had to make do with some fried pork from a restaurant across the soi and a late noodle soup near TukCom on the way back to the hotel.

I missed the show on Saturday as I went out with some friends for a meal at Shabushi, something of a tradition on my first night in Pattaya. But I hope I will be able to see the show before my return to Brexitannia.