Tuk Com Falls on Hard Times

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Tuk Com Falls on Hard Times

Post by Undaunted »

I have needed to visit here a few times this week and couldn't help notice the many, many, empty units here most noticeable on the floors above the cell phone floor.
This mall has been credited for bringing life to its surrounding area. Tops supermarket has a store there in the basement, they did alot of remodeling and made it larger but appears to have stopped working on it.
I was here when the current building was a mere shell. It was a favorite spot among Russian tourists and many locals.
There often were many working guys standing at the enterance.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
mahjongguy

Re: Tuk Com Falls on Hard Times

Post by mahjongguy »

Some of the bigger shops have moved to the new Harbor Mall on Pattaya Klang.
painai2

Post by painai2 »

Starbucks at TucCom is expanding to have
additional seating on the second floor. So all
Is not doom and gloom.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Many of the shops on the higher floors have closed. The demand to repair a desktop computer has diminished and the illegal software shops took a hard hit with the police crackdowns.
Jun

Post by Jun »

There is still a lot of over priced and low quality tat in the shops that remain. Even simple things like USB leads manage to fail quickly.

If I needed something like a phone or a charger in an emergency, I would be buying it from one of the recognised stores, not a small stall. As for leads & so on, I try to pack all I need.

The most useful stores in Tuk Com are the supermarket, basement hardware store & the pharmacies.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

I have been scammed/ripped off, call it what you like, 3 times in Tukcom.
Sold an old battery, as a new one,
Sold a unit to connect to internet that lasted a few weeks only and ended up in the rubbish bin and
Sold a copy phone for the B/F with out me looking at it properly. My fault, partially.
I now avoid all the time.
Pattayamale

Post by Pattayamale »

I have been to Tuk Com Harbor and Tuk Com Day Night several times last week. Harbor is very nice. Not crowded at all. Hardly any customers and no big tech anchor store like IT City Super store. There is one in Harbor but small.

The Day Night Tuk Com had many more customers. Maybe not as crowded as before but is anything in Pattaya except the roads?

The main differences I found were the number of restaurants, clothing, and other retail shops at Harbor as well as large connected parking. Of course it is brand new.

But it seemed much easier to find that small part at Day Night. If one store did not have something they could tell which one did. Not so at Harbor yet.

Oh and they have a great big play ground on the top floor at Harbor
Pattayamale
Living happily
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Up on the fourth floor at Harbor, there is a branch of my favourite DVD shop at South Pattaya. It was raided this week and all its stock taken away. Times are tough all over. Sigh!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks wrote:Up on the fourth floor at Harbor, there is a branch of my favourite DVD shop at South Pattaya. It was raided this week and all its stock taken away.
If the corruption works the way it often works around here, they'll buy it back and be open for business again by tomorrow.